Would Maia beat Lombard

ride29er

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
we all saw Lombard destroy paul harris, would he do the same to Maia? IMO Lombard would KO him in round one, great TDD and very heavy handed

Palhares is a great grappler, but his fight IQ is nowhere near Maia.

I think that Maia survives Lombard's first found outburst then subs him in the second.

I love this Maia run but someone like Lombard or Woodley would be a serious issue. I'd add Hendricks too but he's not the same guy anymore.

TBH Maia really hasn't faced an opponent with serious 1 punch ko power since his fight with Marquart, Lombard and Woodley with there power (and wrestling/grappling ability) could prove to be a threat.

Does the pope poop in the woods? I have no idea, at all.

Lombard couldn't even defeat Hendo who was on a free fall

Lombard couldn't even defeat Hendo who was on a free fall
yeah but hendo has one punch KO power, he connects on anyone and they are in serious danger, Maia has submissions, and you cant submit someone you cant takedown

I think Lombard is a pretty horrible style matchup. He has a better chance than Palhares because he's a better technical wrestler and smarter fighter but Lombard rag dolled Jake Shields around. Lombard would be able to fight his pace and his game.

just like Maia was a horrible style for Condit. Why the fuck did you take this fight Carlos, shit.

Back