Cub vs. Showtime

McQuitter was shitting his red panties when he heard Pettis won.

won't happen, they train together now, but i got Cub by UD

I think cub is a little sloppy. Got tagged a few times by Kawajiri simply because he throws himself off balance constantly and dips his head so far down to throw big punches.

If Pettis shows up with better cardio, I'd take him via sub.

so did Pettis

You're going full shertard. Never go full shertard.

and subbing Charles is much more impressive

Its a much more impressive display of BJJ, not the fight in general.

I'm a huge fan of both guys, been following both since the WEC days. Pettis has always been slick off his back and going into the fight I knew he had the potential to sub Oliveira. So pardon me for not being as shocked and in awe as you are.

A fight with Cub is virtually guaranteed to be a standup affair, so his sub tonight isn't that relevant. I'm just happy he got the win and want to see the most exciting LW striker fight the most exciting FW striker. I never even considered the possibility of this fight until Pettis announced he was dropping. Now is the perfect time. Both guys are coming off wins and both could use a break from opponents who are only going to spam takedowns the entire fight.

Horrible match up. Cub is a step back for Pettis at this point.

Cub also doesn't have the chin anymore to hang with Pettis.

I think cub is a little sloppy. Got tagged a few times by Kawajiri simply because he throws himself off balance constantly and dips his head so far down to throw big punches.

If Pettis shows up with better cardio, I'd take him via sub.

Cub got tagged more than usual because he was focusing on defending the takedown and trying to force a first round knockout and impress everyone. The exact same thing happened to Pettis tonight, he got tagged a lot by Oliveira.

You are aware he knocked out Oliveira in the first round, right?

That was 4 years ago, and Cub has declined quite a bit while Oliveira has improved dramatically. I'd favor Oliveira if they were to rematch

Frankie or Max would make sense. Frankie would stomp him imo. A fight with Max will be a bit more competitive but his ass needs a title shot.

I think it's a good fight. Pettis got punched a lot tonight, and really doesn't do a tone of damage with his punches. I think he would end up trying to grapple with Cub, and possibly get a sub. I don't think he beats Cub standing.

Cub got tagged more than usual because he was focusing on defending the takedown and trying to force a first round knockout and impress everyone. The exact same thing happened to Pettis tonight, he got tagged a lot by Oliveira.
He did the same exact stuff against Dias. And Pettis started getting tagged because he blew his wad early on.

Cub also likes to stay in kicking range, that's not healthy to do if you're fighting Pettis. But if Showtime comes with the same cardio he had tonight... Cub puts a hurtin' on him

Back