If GSP has to fight Maia tomorrow, who wins?

GSP vs. Maia

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do Maia's new wrestling skills and elite BJJ beat GSP, who is expected to return soon?

Been a long layoff for GSP and another ACL tear 2 years ago. Id still pick him though, i think he would outstrike maia and be able to hold his own on the ground .

Tomorrow? Maia.

Six months from now with appropriate time to prepare? GSP.

If he can wrestle in reverse as well as he does offensively still then i'd expect he'd jab Maia's face into hamburger meat. If Maia gets top position though, whole different ball game.

Maia would not be able to take gsp down and gsp is better on the feet so draw your own conclusion.

I think Maia takes this. He has massively improved his wrestling of late and GSP hasn't been fighting at all.

If he comes in as faded as he was against Hendricks against the new and improved Maia he'll be tapping faster than he did to Matt Serra.

GSP is easily the best WW ever, but he's been inactive for some time now.

Been a long layoff for GSP and another ACL tear 2 years ago. Id still pick him though, i think he would outstrike maia and be able to hold his own on the ground .
maia wouldnt get gsp to the ground

GSP via jabandalotofmovement, Maia gases after 2 rounds I bet. Would look a little like Maia/Rory

Ring rust is real. Love GSP but id take Maia.

GSP is acting like a diva and will only fight a Diaz or Conor.

GSP in his prime could avoid the new and improved Maia takedowns and easily win a decision or win by TKO.

However, the current GSP...Who knows...would definitely be a fun fight to watch. Probably still give GSP the edge.

Maia is not taking GSP down and GSP would be on his way to literally jab Maia to death before Maia folds mentally like he did against Silva and just buttscoots for the last two rounds.

GSP was out wrestling wrestlers, no way miaia gets him down

Maia is Bigger, Stronger and has improved wrestling
GSP is Out for 2 years and rusty

Maia takes it

I'd favor Maia if it happened tomorrow, with enough time to prepare I'd favor GSP.

Super interesting matchup though, I would be really excited to see it.

Back