Do you think Condit should retire?

Davey Crockett

Mane, Firmino, Salah
Banned
Reaction score
He's had some tough decisions over the years but I haven't noticed any drop in the levels of his performances, quite the opposite. There's talk of his chin deteriorating - I don't see it. That version of Maia beats most WW's, ever. If you can't stop his takedown you've lost basically.

I know Condit himself has been talking about thinking about what's next after fighting, but I can't help feel that if someone just said "you've had some shitty luck with these fights, you're still top level and can make at least another run" or find some inspiration from somewhere, he could still be a threat. He would be a tough fight for Wonderboy.

It seems like a publicity stunt to me, but if he's legit not into it then rock on to something else bro.

He's saying it's his time so he should definitely walk away for a bit and reassess what's important to him. Doesn't seem like he's having fun anymore.

Hes got to fight nick and rory again. Only then, ill be ok with his retirement

His takedown defense has never improved over the years, I say it's time to hang it up while his brain is still functional. It's been a good ride Carlos.

He really seems like enjoys training, but he knows his style of fighting has been very taxing. Probably a good idea to get out while he can still put a sentence together.

Part of me thinks he should but part of me thinks he's only 32 and has more fight left in him.

His choice.. more money or more braincells.

Condit seems like a smart guy, and could live the rest of his days as a coach or open his own gym after he's done fighting.

If his heart isn't in it then maybe he should step back for a while. I don't wanna see him go down the path that chuck did towards retirement

2-5 in his last 7, before that was the Nick Diaz fight. Yes, I think he needs to retire unless he wants to go out on a win/one huge last payday.

Yep. 2-5 in his last 7 in a sport that isn't great for long-term health. Had a good run.

If he feels like he wants too, which it kind of seems he does. Then he should. If you feel like you want to retire, the chances of you showing up in peak form to fight is not likely. If he feels he can still produce, I think he's fine to continue.

Once you start thinking about retirement, then it is time to retire...isn't that what Dana always says? He said tonight that he gave his back because he didn't want to take any shots, almost like he gave up...it's time to hang them up.

He probably should 40 pro fights is no joke. He already reached his peak as a fighter and is on the decline.

Nope. Some great fights out there for him; Cowboy, Brown, etc.

Back