McGregor is one dimensional and always has been

Themonsoon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes he can hit but thats about it.

If he doesn't stop you you can most likely beat him cuz he gasses and doesn't have a back up.

Almost all of his wins have come in the same manner...hurting them with a straight left.

No stoppage by kicks

No stoppage by subs

He's gone the distance but arguably lost his last and first 5 rd fight.

Conor is a one trick pony avoid the left and he has nothing to fall back on.

anyone catch the most recent season of breaking bad?

Avoid the left. Oh, I guess no one has thought of that. Maybe someone should've clued Teixeira in that Rumble would be going for a KO.

jYljsJx.gif

Mac's cardio is better & still improving & he beat Halloway with grappling.

A big part of the Nate win was leg kicks. A big part of Mendez gassing waz kicks to the stomach.

Mac doesn't have time to sub people because they go unconscious before he can get there.

Last edited:
"Conor is a one trick pony avoid the left and he has nothing to fall back on."

Conor works on his primary skill more than others because it's so dominant.. it's that simple. He would be a fool to spend too much time on other aspects of his game if it hurt his primary weapon. He just needs to be serviceable in other areas and he is... he is pretty well rounded from what I have seen. I think people like yourself are just looking for excuses to try to discredit him.

If you want to attack someone attack Nate.. talk about one trick pony. All he has is a few jujitsu moves.. he has zero athleticism and has to rely on gimmicks to try to steal victories.

fighting is movement and connor knows how to move. there is no denying it. he sets ppl up wioth footwork long before the strikes come into play.

He is mostly one dimensional, but he is so effective at what he does, that he can probably just work on defensive wrestling and submission defense and still beat most guys in his weight class.

I worry about him against a pure wrestler, though.

lol at "No stoppage by kicks". I think that's some big reaching you got going.

So are a lot of all time greats

One dimension is plenty if you can implement your strategy. Ask Maia how that's going for him. In a lot of ways, it's better than being well-rounded but not standing out in any department.

He is mostly one dimensional, but he is so effective at what he does, that he can probably just work on defensive wrestling and submission defense and still beat most guys in his weight class.

I worry about him against a pure wrestler, though.

way to take the bait man

unless you're ninja double trolling me, then well played

Henderson made a career out of his right hand...

If he doesn't stop you you can most likely beat him cuz he gasses and doesn't have a back up.

Almost all of his wins have come in the same manner...hurting them with a straight left.

No stoppage by kicks

No stoppage by subs

What a noobsters : see Dave hill for sub and Conor Dillon for longo leg destruction.

There was a pretty awesome fight card on tonight that didn't involve Conor. Why the fuck are you starting the twelve thousandth Conor thread of the week?

Avoid the left. Oh, I guess no one has thought of that. Maybe someone should've clued Teixeira in that Rumble would be going for a KO.

jYljsJx.gif

Mac's cardio is better & still improving & he beat Halloway with grappling.

> Rumble KOs opponents of all sizes and has great TD defense

> Connie only KOs manlets, and has virtually no TD defense

Lol @ even trying this hard

Nate-Diaz-slaps-Conor-McGregor.png

No stoppage by kicks

No stoppage by subs

nonsense

I mean.. what?

way to take the bait man

unless you're ninja double trolling me, then well played
Honestly, man, I don't troll or assume I'm being trolled. I'm just here to talk fights, not take part in Sherdog internet politics.

A lot of people are new or lack the observational skills to make valid posts, so I try to gently be the voice of reason. I've been doing it for years.

Honestly, man, I don't troll or assume I'm being trolled. I'm just here to talk fights, not take part in Sherdog internet politics.

A lot of people are new or lack the observational skills to make valid posts, so I try to gently be the voice of reason. I've been doing it for years.

in that case, i think conor is a competent wrestler, and if he can tuck his elbows and no give away his back he won't get subbed.

He successfully defended all but one of Nate's attempted take downs.

>Implying that defending N8s TD attempts = Stellar TD defense

Question: Besides Taking down Connie in BOTH fights...Who's the last person Nate Diaz hit a TD on???

<36>

in that case, i think conor is a competent wrestler, and if he can tuck his elbows and no give away his back he won't get subbed.
I don't think he's as vulnerable as his critics say, but I think the ground game is clearly his weakness.

Most Conor fans are so busy trying to discredit Nate's boxing that they overlook that it was his striking that set up the submission in the first fight.

The good thing is that he improves with every fight, so we will see.

Back