Miller/Lauzon FOTN over Pettis/Oliveria?

Did he get SOTN?

The Miller vs Lauzon fight was good too.

People who decide probably decided that would be the fight of the night and went out drinking.

Both were great fights. I wouldn't have a problem with either fight getting it.

People who decide probably decided that would be the fight of the night and went out drinking.
Yeah I think that one may have been predetermined.

Both were great fights. I wouldn't have a problem with either fight getting it.
yesagreealan-cummingnodding.gif

I have to be in favor of the fight that went the distance as FOTN

It was a very close call,but I'm happy it went to Lauzon and Miller. 2 of my favorite fighters ever.

There is no submisson or knockout of the night anymore

Its performance of the night twice

Damn.. Didn't know that. When did that change? I usually don't watch post fight conferences anymore. And who got the POTN's?

Damn.. Didn't know that. When did that change? I usually don't watch post fight conferences anymore. And who got the POTN's?

Maybe 2 years ago? its been a good while, the thought behind was it there wasnt always a knock out or submission so they made it a performance of the night for when its all decisions.And i havent seen the press conference so no idea who got the bonuses.But without watching id guess at Paige and maia

Demian Maia and PVZ. Maia, rightfully so. But Pettis subbing Aloe Vera is waaaaay more impressive than PVZ beating some tuf reject chick.

Seniority I guess.

But Pettis Oliveara was better.

That "bonus king record" should have an asterisk because alot of those were "submission of the night" and those were gimmies for a guy like Lauzon because that's what he did.

PC culture lad.

Apparently "knockout" or "submission" of the night sounds too brutal for the incoming TMZ casual fanbase.

I'd go with Pettis/Oliveira.

Both were fun to watch but Pettis/Oliveira had; near finishes, better pace, better ground exchanges, had a better last round, and a good finish.

They are quick to give it to women.
Retard rousey got an award every fight she was in

I know right? The UFC has few golden geese who will always get new fights quickly and will always get bonuses if possible (Cerrone, Lauzon, Poirier and few others). Hate it.

Tom Wright even said "no surprise" before announcing the FOTN. You can tell he didn't watch the fights.

Back