Demian Maia Vs Rousimar Palhares: Who Wins?

Maia.

Although I think that Palhares has actually done better against common opponents.

Maia via superior positional control.

And he would smack Pal Harris up at distance on the feet as well.

Great fight. I'd say Maia.

Maia would leave his leg out for bait and then catch him with something.

Palhares' strength would win him the fight. Maia can't take his bombs and he's going to get leg locked.

Though call. But I would favor Maia for being more ¨slick¨

Palhares, because he beat the guy who Demian'd Maia.

if only Palhares wasn't crazy in the head we could have seen this fight.

Maia is on a complete higher level than rousimar. It really wouldn't be that competitive.

Maia is clearly the superior overall grappler, but Paul can't be ruled out. Hate him all you like, but he's an unbelievably profound submission artist. John Danaher's students are the most feared leg lockers on the grappling circuit right now, and he has a major influence on their mechanics (according to Eddie Cummings).

They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...

Palhares is a mental midget who usually crumbles when put through the ringer. Maia is a bad match up for him.

Look at their fights with Shields. I guess I got Palhares by kimura.

Palhares, because he beat the guy who Demian'd Maia.

Yeah thanks to like 12 eye gouges lol

Maia would beat Palhares easily. Jacare never really came close to subbing Maia in 3 grappling matches. Shields is great but his Sub D is not the same as Maia's. And I just feel Maia is just better than Palhares when it comes to BJJ...and standing...

Here's a legit question. How did Dan Henderson fight Paul Harris and if I remember correctly, not even get a heel hook or kneebar attempted on him?

Paul by anywhere in the cage. Better striker and would break Maia's bones.

If Palhares weren't a cheating eye gouger I'd like this to happen, sadly, Palhares is one big mean piece of shit who doesn't deserve to fight Maia. What he does in fights is way worse than any PEDs.

Here's a legit question. How did Dan Henderson fight Paul Harris and if I remember correctly, not even get a heel hook or kneebar attempted on him?

Kept it on the feet and just used his wrestling to keep his legs away from him during grappling exchanges. I think it was Palhares' first UFC fight too, so who knows if he could have won a rematch.

Back