Why people don't like ground fights? Ground domination is awesome too!

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why cant Demian be a PPV King too? Hes always lookin for the finish!

There's this category of fans I like to call Stand and Bang Bros. Is normal.

Its usually the response. I was impressed with all three of the main fight finishes.

Because when it doesn't go the way tonight's main event did. Nobody wants to see that

not "people" per se but merely "casuals"..

Nothing better than when someone does dominate a fighter on the ground, then that fighter is able to not get finished, come back and finish the fight on the feet.

That is why, I think.

Hes a softly spoken, shy dude

Its not fair, but thats the way she goes

Nothing wrong with a good, technical ground scrap but lay and pray is awful to watch, no matter how much of a fan of the sport you are.

The other part of the problem is that "fans" need someone to be obnoxious in order to care about a fight.

It's easier to negate someone's offense who is better on the mat(sans Maia/Werdum/etc level guys), so most ground fights end up being virtual stalemates where the guy on top wins the round. Of course there are a plethora of exceptions, but generally stand-up fights are more exciting than ground fights.

I like a good ground fight. Gets me thinking although it will never happen, But what would a Maia v GSP fight look like.

Everyone can see a jab cross combination, not everyone can see what goes on down on the mat.

There's this category of fans I like to call Stand and Bang Bros. Is normal.
akiPX6x.gif

It's easier to negate someone's offense who is better on the mat(sans Maia/Werdum/etc level guys), so most ground fights end up being virtual stalemates where the guy on top wins the round. Of course there are a plethora of exceptions, but generally stand-up fights are more exciting than ground fights.
Thanks for explaining that

We didnt know dat

When you watch ground fighters, you can play on your phone or go pee and miss nothing.

When you watch Glory, you wait to do those things between fights.

It's not a matter of style, it's a matter of whose style it is.

The same people who call Demian Maia 'backpack' jizzed on their pants when Sonnen laid'n'prayed people to UDs.

Pisses me off a good ground tangle is happening and you hear the cat calls? Yes there's some senseless lay n pray and sometimes there's real science going on and these new casual pukes disrespecting make me wanna "Hulk Out"...

Pisses me off a good ground tangle is happening and you hear the cat calls? Yes there's some senseless lay n pray and sometimes there's real science going on and these new casual pukes disrespecting make me wanna "Hulk Out"...
Hard man

Back