Did Condit hint at retirement during post fight presser?

I hope he doesn't, but from the impression i got post fight, he's thinking about it.

he has thought about it after his last two recent losses
hope not
he is fun to watch

As a fan, I hope he stays around for a little longer.

He did take a lot of punishment throughout his career though, and if his heart is not into this anymore, leaving is the right call. If he decides to retire, he deserves a lot of praise. So many great fights, such a great fighter. Nothing but respect.

He's got to be. The strap is out of reach and he knows it. Not sure Carlos is a guy who will fight without the possibilty to earn gold.

I think he's done. He contemplated retirement after the Lawler fight too. That bullshit decision took his fighting spirit. I didn't recognize that guy in the cage tonight.

$

Nah ,, he will be alright

its been on his mind for some time now

still a beast fighter in my book...regardless of what he does

Dude should retire. He would need at least 2 more wins until he is in title contention again, and it seems like he is already over the hill.

Condit is one of my favorite fighters of all time. He definitely sounded like he was about to call it quits. Fight just happened so I understand that he's emotional but he really doesn't seem to want it anymore. I really hope I'm wrong.

Yeah...he did give me the impression that he had one foot out the door.

What more can he do at WW? Can he make LW?

It sounds like he might which would be shame he's exciting as hell. I'd like to see him fight few more times before retirement.

He's not retiring after such a short fight where he took no damage. The guy could literally jump on the next card and make a bunch more money. Plus, post-fight after a loss is not the time where you can really make a career decision.

Clearly his heart nor his mind are in it anymore. And he keeps mentioning brain damage and taking shots. Wonder if hes noticing brain trauma in himself and wants to get out. The end is near for Carlos for sure career wise.

I think he's done. He contemplated retirement after the Lawler fight too. That bullshit decision took his fighting spirit. I didn't recognize that guy in the cage tonight.
Lawler won r2,3,5 its not a strike counting contest. Also that would be bitchmade if that took his spirit, he wants to retire because his brain is getting scrambled and his wife is sick.

If he does, he can't go out with a defeat like tonight. If his heart is still in it, I hope he has at least one more fight. Maybe rematch Nick and go balls out?

Even before this post fight presser, I knew the option was on the table.

Remember that after the Lawler fight, he was already contemplating the idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back