Karma served on Condit for trying to steal WB Title Shot?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
The Octagon doesn't lie. Before the Maia fight, Condit, who is coming off a loss and only two wins since '12 being Alves and Kampmann, tried to insert himself into the title mix with Maia(5 fight win streak) and Thompson(7 fight win streak).

"I think that a win in spectacular fashion over Demian Maia gets me the title shot. I don't see why it wouldn't. Arguably Demian Maia could be the No. 1 contender. The reason he's not is because of his fighting style, not the most exciting dude but he's beat the who's who in the division. So I think that a win over him without a doubt gets me back to a shot and an opportunity to get the belt around my waist." - Carlos Condit

At least half of that statement is true. Maia has been known to bore most people other than actual BJJ practitioners. On the other hand, Maia has beaten Kim, Story, Fitch before losing to Shields and MacDonald. He then had beaten Yakolov, LaFlare, Magny Nelson, Brown. He had yet to beat Condit at the time of comment, so this list is not exactly the who's who.
Thompson has never been finished and is on a 7 fight win streak(He is also a stylistic nightmare for "The Choosing One") His streak includes Burrell, Clements, Whittaker, Côte, Ellenberger, Hendricks, MacDonald and consists of 4 (T)KO and 3 UD.

I lost a lot of respect recently for Condit, a fighter I have followed since WEC days. He tries to bury Thompson and discredit his accomplishments while trying to exaggerate Maia's in order to get a title shot with a win when Carlos' record was 2-4 in his last six and was coming off a loss. He also openly talks about how he has one foot out the door towards retirement. Update, he is now 2-5 in his last 7 fights. Violence or not, the guy should be no where near the championship. Especially when he's quoted saying, "Maia will have to fight if he wants to win," and then proceeds to get choked into submission in the same time it takes to microwave popcorn.

Tl;tr

Nick diaz 1,2, 5

Another way to look at it is that Condit, after being in the game this long, realizes running your mouth is more likely to get you to a title shot and did what he needed to do. As opposed to him having no respect and trying to "steal"

He shouldn't be embarrassed. He lost to a master of BJJ who could do that to anyone at WW on his best days.

Condit is still a challenger, would hate to see him walk away.

The Octagon doesn't lie. Before the Maia fight, Condit, who is coming off a loss and only two wins since '12 being Alves and Kampmann, tried to insert himself into the title mix with Maia(5 fight win streak) and Thompson(7 fight win streak).

"I think that a win in spectacular fashion over Demian Maia gets me the title shot. I don't see why it wouldn't. Arguably Demian Maia could be the No. 1 contender. The reason he's not is because of his fighting style, not the most exciting dude but he's beat the who's who in the division. So I think that a win over him without a doubt gets me back to a shot and an opportunity to get the belt around my waist." - Carlos Condit

At least half of that statement is true. Maia has been known to bore most people other than actual BJJ practitioners. On the other hand, Maia has beaten Kim, Story, Fitch before losing to Shields and MacDonald. He then had beaten Yakolov, LaFlare, Magny Nelson, Brown. He had yet to beat Condit at the time of comment, so this list is not exactly the who's who.
Thompson has never been finished and is on a 7 fight win streak(He is also a stylistic nightmare for "The Choosing One") His streak includes Burrell, Clements, Whittaker, Côte, Ellenberger, Hendricks, MacDonald and consists of 4 (T)KO and 3 UD.

I lost a lot of respect recently for Condit, a fighter I have followed since WEC days. He tries to bury Thompson and discredit his accomplishments while trying to exaggerate Maia's in order to get a title shot with a win when Carlos' record was 2-4 in his last six and was coming off a loss. He also openly talks about how he has one foot out the door towards retirement. Update, he is now 2-5 in his last 7 fights. Violence or not, the guy should be no where near the championship. Especially when he's quoted saying, "Maia will have to fight if he wants to win," and then proceeds to get choked into submission in the same time it takes to microwave popcorn.

Where was he discrediting Wonderboy?

He was obviously angling for the title shot after Wonderboy.

OK re-read your post - you're just trolling pretending to be a former Condit fan.

Everybody and their mamas know it's karma from stealing a win over Diaz.

Diaz 1, 2, 5

That was some dirty spoiled brat stuff with threatening to retire if no Lawler title rematch.

Why wouldn't any fighter not try to convince the UFC to give them a title shot? Deserving or not, they'd be crazy not to at least seed the thought.

Yeah he's a piece of shit for trying to get a title shot.

Back