Did Carlos fake going out?

High Altitude

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Did it look like Carlos faked going out and then once he realized the ref wasn't going to stop it he decided to tap?

Looked like that to me.

I thought he was out for a second too.

Yeah then he realised the ref was an incompetent shit.

Last edited:
Looked like he was just trying to stay composed. Idk, it was kind of weird.

I thought the same thing but certainly wasn't confident enough to start a thread on it lol

i thought he was out...he tried to do this to save face and say he didnt tap? dont understand

I think he may have realized that he was toast, but just didn't want to tap. I don't think it was so much faking unconsciousness as it was him taking a moment and going "fuck, is this really how this is going to end?"

I thought it was weird too, but why would he pretend to go out? That's just silly.

Yeah buddy, it was obvious

No, just trying to stay relaxed , looking for a way out, and realizing there was not one...he's a pro..

No, just trying to stay relaxed , looking for a way out, and realizing there was not one...he's a pro..

More than likely this. Or he thought about going out like a warrior and said effit I'm not going unconcious.

Looked like he was trying to stay composed and really didn't wanna tap.

He just looked surprised to me. Like he would be able to take it. Then, he started to dim and that skull crushing technique took over. Nothing to see here.

I think he may have realized that he was toast, but just didn't want to tap. I don't think it was so much faking unconsciousness as it was him taking a moment and going "fuck, is this really how this is going to end?"

I thought it was weird too, but why would he pretend to go out? That's just silly.
yeah that was my reading on it too that it was more of an oh fuck i'm not getting out of this one situation and he just let his arm go limp for a moment out of frustration or disappointment before tapping

No. He was just testing the referee's reaction time. Like secret shoppers do when they test customer service and restaurant people.

Probably the last fight the ref will ref.

Pretty sure his heart and brain were going through final negotiations, until brain finally sealed the deal. Nobody wants to tap out, but logic is sometimes the better option when there's no other way out.

Did it look like Carlos faked going out and then once he realized the ref wasn't going to stop it he decided to tap?

Looked like that to me.

I thought he was out when it panned back but I think he tapped just before he was about to go out.

Looked woozy as fuck, probably why he stayed down for a bit.

Back