Maia has absored only13 sig strikes in the last 4 fights

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
Maia has absorbed 13 significant strikes in his past 4 fights against top guys like Magny, Gunnar, Brown, and Condit. Think about that and put some respect on the man's name. What he's doing with his skill set is absolutely amazing, and in my opinion he is paving a path for future grapplers to imitate and learn from.

MMA fighters thinking they're going to fight & Demian going in with an ADCC mentality.

Maia is amazing. Frank Mir said it best, "he could rape me if he wanted".

Mayweather like defense. Except completely the opposite.

Maia has absorbed 13 significant strikes in his past 4 fights against top guys like Magny, Gunnar, Brown, and Condit. Think about that and put some respect on the man's name. What he's doing with his skill set is absolutely amazing, and in my opinion he is paving a path for future grapplers to imitate and learn from.

That Mastery ... Maia is a Master, that is all.

So happy for his quick win, but I did feel sad for Condit with that face he was making while waiting for the decision to be read. :(

Maia fought tonight like he knows he's getting on in years and needs that title in his life.

I don't know what a significant strike is any more.

So happy for his quick win, but I did feel sad for Condit with that face he was making while waiting for the decision to be read. :(
Yeah, I felt kind of bad for him. The disappointment on his face.

Add up the time he's spent on the ground vs on his feet.
P4P best at avoiding getting into a fight.

Yeah, I was gutted for Condit, and was it just me or did the camera man focus on his sad face for far too long while reading the decision....?

I haven't watched his recent fights other than Gunnar (who was stupid trying to grapple with him), but how is Maia in taking power shots?

Nobody on that list of his recent wins seems like a big power puncher. I'm curious how much he can take. Would he just fall back and invite the other guy to the ground?

ITT people think using your own strengths and taking the fight to where you dominate is "not fighting".

Low risk, high reward approach at avoidance. No hespect fearing a fight.

Yeah its hard to respect a guy who strangles people to death without taking a single punch.

He really should let people have a few free shots first. Maybe he can use the Diaz method of boxing everyone seems to love. Just let people punch him in the face until they tire out.

Add up the time he's spent on the ground vs on his feet.
P4P best at avoiding getting into a fight.

You won't see any fight on the ground With him cause he's unmatched on the ground

Cmon man. Respect the skills.

Back