Werdum should borrow a page from Maia's gameplan

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
and should start spamming takedowns from now on. He improved a lot in his striking no doubt, but after his match against Stipe, I kind of have a feeling that he might get knocked out against Happa too.

It would be a sincere of him, if he can get Browne down & sub him fast. I mean it's his bread & butter & gave him almost all of his memorable wins, So why not take it to another degree just like Maia. Maia has better BJJ, But I think Werdum has better sub game & he should start utilizing it more & more. There's no point for trolling around in the cage.

Werdum doesn't have the p4p strength that Maia has that translated to their weight divisions. Or the gas tank to pull it off multiple times. Werdum is good on the ground but getting the fight there is the problem

I mean, unless he goes full Aldurm again he'll be fine in the standup.

Maia is helped by being able to drop weight classes and become larger for his weight class, Werdum doesn't have that privilege.

Yup, the problem with Werdum for me has always been his takedowns, he just doesn't have good takedowns. 99% of the time the fight only goes to the ground when someone takes him down, or he gets knocked down with a strike or knocks someone down with a strike. He was always gonna be forced to stand against Stipe because his takedowns are just not good enough and too slow. Maia has improved his takedowns hugely since going to WW.

so because of a stupid gameplan against Stipe, which he hasn't done since coming back to the ufc besides that fight, you think he'll get knocked out by Browne?

a1243ccd67932a02f2bddc03cf5ad904.jpg

1. Take bad shots against heavyweights
2. Get stuffed
3. ???
4. Profit

Back