Matt Brown went nearly 15 minutes on ground with Maia

Dirge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Given all his sub losses in the past its a pretty impressive thing....

I fucking hate you all. If I'm not banned by 8 am I not a real Condit fan. FUCK YOU CUNTS

Matt did a much better job protecting his neck and even when Maia went for the choke he was able to pull the arm off. Condit was fresh so I dunno what the hell he was doing. He just seemed to give in to it.

Horseshoes and Hand Grenades guys

still tapped out

I fucking hate you all. If I'm not banned by 8 am I not a real Condit fan. FUCK YOU CUNTS

Mods usually like to keep guys like you around to toy with. It's the cat vs mouse game.

That was a mighty squeeze man, anaconda slip to the throat...

Any fighter can go 15 minutes with Maia when he's not in the mood to finish. Tonight he was for some reason.

Matt made things difficult for Maia by being ultra defensive. Condit didn't offer much on the ground and that shit about keeping Maia in guard and landing elbows has to be one of the stupidest game plans I've ever seen employed against Maia.

Matt did a much better job protecting his neck and even when Maia went for the choke he was able to pull the arm off. Condit was fresh so I dunno what the hell he was doing. He just seemed to give in to it.
i get the feeling that they have carlos convinced that he's a lot better on the ground than he actually is. I mean, during the commentary they said that the gameplan was to hold Maia in full guard and elbow him... holding maia in full guard doesn't seem like a very realistic goal

sloth-scratch.gif

He also got his ass kicked by Ellenberger, who hadn't won a fight since 1963.

i get the feeling that they have carlos convinced that he's a lot better on the ground than he actually is. I mean, during the commentary they said that the gameplan was to hold Maia in full guard and elbow him... holding maia in full guard doesn't seem like a very realistic goal

If you're right, it's ironic as hell considering the same coaches seemed to tell him (and Cowboy) to avoid the ground at all costs against the Diaz brothers. Now I know they have really good bjj too but they're not Maia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back