I was worried for Connor seeing Petting get out wrestled and out muscled at LW

BlackPhillip

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't think I am any more. After seeing Conor fight a Nate Diaz at 170 and defend his take downs very well, and seeing Pettis get taken down just about every time by Charles Olivera, I think this won't be as big an issue. I thought Pettis probably had better TDD due to his size and his resume at the time, but It seems pretty clear that Conor's is now clearly superior.

Not hating on Pettis at all, just an observation on how Conor now would do against the top of the LW division.

Diaz has terrible takedowns and still took him down with one leg.

Diaz isn't known to be a wrestler LOL

Lol besides Connie, who's the last person N8 took down?

Connie would get #REKT by Pettis and most Top 10 LWs

<28>

Any time someone completely irrelevant to Conor fights, there are threads about Conor.

"Wow, Lawler got KO'd by Woodley!!! Conor really WOULD have knocked Lawler out!!!"

Let's not factor in Woodley's wrestling pedigree and ability to keep Lawler guessing if Woodley will throw the overhand or drop for a single. That's completely logical, and we all know that logic does NOT belong on Sherdog.

Even though Nate isn't known for his takedowns I was still impressed by Conor's takedown defense and he'll continue to to improve as he trains.

Just found out he is defending the belt vs "12 Gauge" PVZ headlining ufc 207 in Ireland for 20 MIL and 200 bucks for Paige. The public is demanding it of course!

Pet your unicorn. Pettis successfully shucked off benson TD's.

Your saying Conors is better because he stopped Nates TD's? The fuck outta here. Nates one of the worst wrestlers in the division

Diaz has terrible takedowns and still took him down with one leg.

Diaz isn't known to be a wrestler LOL
Took him down once, in the very last seconds of the fight, after how many attempts?

Back