Conor fights for 155 title next because he holds all the cards

FullRoundAldo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
This is the move I am assuming he wants, to be 2 division champ, and whatever Conor wants he gets. I know what you're thinking, but the principal of the whole thing, UFC has to show others they are in charge. They are, just not when it comes to superstars who are way too super. The UFC and Conor, together, created a Frankenstein monster that is the Conor Brand. If they tell Conor he can't fight for 155 title, or CAN, but has to give up the 145, all he has to do is go: "That's fine, I'll retire and get into fighter management," "No problem, I'll fight Mayweather." Or one thing they really don't want to hear, "It's cool, Bellator will pay me millions per fight too." At this point, Conor is like 20 percent of UFC revenue when you take into account not just PPV buys but the pure buzz he creates in normie culture, he is too big to fail.

At this point Conor can demand a sumo wrestling match against Butterbean and Dana White is gonna be breaking down the Octagon cage and making Rebok create green, white, and orange sumo diapers the very next day.

I think he moves to 155 and gets stripped/vacates the title

If he does not defend the 145 he is stripped have you not been watching the media or do you just post recklessly ? He has no chance of being 2 division if he does not defend the 145 belt next and that is not a rumor that is Dana putting his foot down. You can't just hold the belt for a conversation piece because other people want it to that is why they call it defending.

This is the move I am assuming he wants, to be 2 division champ, and whatever Conor wants he gets. I know what you're thinking, but the principal of the whole thing, UFC has to show others they are in charge. They are, just not when it comes to superstars who are way too super. The UFC and Conor, together, created a Frankenstein monster that is the Conor Brand. If they tell Conor he can't fight for 155 title, or CAN, but has to give up the 145, all he has to do is go: "That's fine, I'll retire and get into fighter management," "No problem, I'll fight Mayweather." Or one thing they really don't want to hear, "It's cool, Bellator will pay me millions per fight too." At this point, Conor is like 20 percent of UFC revenue when you take into account not just PPV buys but the pure buzz he creates in normie culture, he is too big to fail.

At this point Conor can demand a sumo wrestling match against Butterbean and Dana White is gonna be breaking down the Octagon cage and making Rebok create green, white, and orange sumo diapers the very next day.
They already gave him a lw title shot. You think they won't give him another

He holds a lot of cards but no fighter is bigger than the UFC as they reminded him recently.

In my view he should voluntarily give up the 145 belt, if necessary, to get the shot at 155. That's his biggest money and legacy play.

I get you're point TS, but I think most fans and Conor don't get how much UFC is making with just the three letters alone. The 4 billion sell should be an indicator.
I think the UFC is profitable enough to sacrifice stars like Conor just to prove a point. Forget PPV and gate sales, think of all the HUGE TV deals UFC has all over the world. By the time they expire they have new stars in the sport.
Only the FOX seven year deal is worth over $70 million yearly (correct me if Im wrong), and that was signed before Conor.

He got called on his bluff last time

Conor should take the 155 lbs Title fight while he can and it's gifted to him, because there is no way in hell he could earn a 155 lbs Title shot!!

I think he'll have to vacate.

Back