If Hendo Wins The Title Next Month, Where Do You Rank Him on the All Time List?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Hnedo has won a UFC tournament, two Pride belts, and a Strikeforce belt which has made him one of the most decorated fighters in UFC history. If he were to finally add a UFC title to his resume, where would you rank him in terms of the greatest fighters of all time?

HendoWandy.gif

Dan-Henderson-Teeth-e1332044611549_crop_north.jpg

as an all time great
hall of fame of course

Taking the title from Bisping and not defending... I don't think he'll be concerned a legitimate champion

Hendo beating Bisping again in an undeserved title fight (not that I'm complaining) won't really change my opinion of him. He's a top 10 all time great, maybe even top 5. He'd stay pretty much right there with a win over Bisping. If he defends against some combination of Jacare, Romero, Weidman, Rockhold, then he'd go up more.

He's already at the Top 5 GOAT round table discussion as it is. A UFC title might put him above Fedor and everyone else for that matter. His career over the long haul (not just recent success) is something mesmerizing. When you really step back and look at his resume, that dude is unbelievable. For his size, he's put away some serious mammoths.

Honestly, if you just look at the belts he's had, you'd have to put him in the top 5 of all time. at least.

Beating Bisping again will not really do much to change my opinion of him. Nor will a loss. The fact that the belt is on the line in this fight is just a joke to me.

At the very top of my zero fucks given list lol. I wonder if the new owners are going to throw some money at Dan to try and get him to stay if he wins?

You forgot his rings heavyweight title.

He's number 2 pfp all time, only behind bj penn.

He's top 5 all time at 185 and top 10 at 205 PDs

He's top 5 p4p already. A UFC title puts him in my top 3 for sure

Dan is one of the best ever. Probably top 5. People too much weight on losses. Dan has a bunch of losses, but win or lose he has fought the best in the world. Moreover, he has fought and won belts at multiple weights in multiple promotions.

Comparing Conor or Ronda to Hendo's total body of work is why I can't consider them as GOATs.

Back