What's It Do To a Small Fighter's Psyche Who Wants to be the Best?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Someone like Conor McGregor obviously wants to be the baddest man on the planet. But, he never will. He's genetically incapable of it. He's just too small. So, he needs to fight in a handicapped division, like a midget basketball league.

If he had just 3 more inches of height, he could make a go at it. But he doesn't have it. How does a guy like McGregor and other guys cope with that realization?

At least, a guy like Nate Diaz or Anderson could seriously bulk up, natural or otherwise, and make a serious attempt at it... He could do it if he wanted to. But guys limited not just by mass but also by frame-size like McGregor, Mighty Mouse, Aldo? Nope.

got any links for this midget basketball league you're talking about?

You think Conor cares? There are less than 0.01% of people in the world that can do both of these things 1)Beat him in a fight 2)Show off a bigger bank account.

You think Conor cares? There are less than 0.01% of people in the world that can do both of these things 1)Beat him in a fight 2)Show off a bigger bank account.

I think that he actually does care. It takes a competitive drive to want to be the best to be where Conor's at. I bet that it eats at him.

I think Conor Mcgregor and other smaller fighters are simply happy there are weight classes where they can compete and claim to be champions. But maybe the TS has a point. Why did Conor McGregor move up in the first place? He wanted the Lightweight title. Why was Featherweight not good enough for him? Perhaps in his mind if he can't be the baddest man on the planet he can at least make a claim for being the best p4p by having two belts.

You're wrong - These guys are GOATs.

Also the midget in red gloves is like 5 times that other guys size.

And they're so short that they actually pull off wushu. That little guy in the blue gloves fucking nailed the other guy with a cartwheel handspring kick like Harold Howard

You're wrong - These guys are GOATs.

I think the 2 midgets are drunk. They're fighting in a bar. @ 2:30 in the video, it's like 3-4 seconds after the round, and the bigger midget blatantly teeps/ push kicks the other guy through the ropes LOL

Someone like Conor McGregor obviously wants to be the baddest man on the planet. But, he never will. He's genetically incapable of it. He's just too small. So, he needs to fight in a handicapped division, like a midget basketball league.

If he had just 3 more inches of height, he could make a go at it. But he doesn't have it. How does a guy like McGregor and other guys cope with that realization?

At least, a guy like Nate Diaz or Anderson could seriously bulk up, natural or otherwise, and make a serious attempt at it... He could do it if he wanted to. But guys limited not just by mass but also by frame-size like McGregor, Mighty Mouse, Aldo? Nope.
McGregor already is the baddest man on the planet.

P.S. TS is a super beta lurch that is having the value of his cherished height put into question

i would say that when weapons are introduced, which they are in "real life," that a larger and slower frame is not an advantage

McGregor already is the baddest man on the planet.

P.S. TS is a super beta lurch that is having the value of his cherished height put into question
I'm 5'7, maybe 5'8. This thread is a reflection of my own psyche. If I competed in MMA at 145, it would absolutely eat me alive knowing that I have to compete handicapped.

I'm 5'7, maybe 5'8. This thread is a reflection of my own psyche. If I competed in MMA at 145, it would absolutely eat me alive knowing that I have to compete handicapped.
I'm 6'6...wolverines scare me...be like a wolverine

Back