No fights for GSP

2XDropkick

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
As a huge fan of GSP, I was thrilled when the rumours of his return started to circulate. While I enjoyed him leaving with a W, and the idea of a former great leaving without tragedy (KOs, injury ect) was gratifying. Nonetheless the idea of him coming back still really had me captivated as a fan,

until I realized there is no fight for GSP in the landscape.

GSP love or hate the guy is a huge star, pound for pound great and overall mma legend .

The Anderson Silva match is less than a shell of what it once was. Steroids, injury and a series of defeats dulls the lust of this once superfight

The MW crown...a jump in weight would be a challenge worthy of a GSP return but this fight dissolved and sadly it was the one that I was most interested in.

Woodley...there are no WW fighters that have the level of appeal, draw or fanbase. I don't want to see GSP fight the champion de jour of the division, with 0 title defenses.

Rematch vs Diaz...ugh this seems like the most plausible comeback fight but a rematch...that wasn't competitive the first time has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Connor would be an absolute mismatch and his plate is so full with FW and LW work that a gsp fight seems even more ridiculous.

So as one of the best, most popular fighters of all time sets to return...who is there for him to fight?

EDIT: A few points that I thought were implied but maybe were not in my original post:
Yes GSP will sell vs anyone and the PPV will be a hit, even more if it is against a another PPV draw. His comeback will be a massive gate, ppv and draw
Connor vs GSP is a huge sell and draw but no that fight is not competitive. Sorry, Condit, Hendricks and Nick Diaz couldn't flatline gsp in his most recent fights and there is no reason to think Connor is a bigger hitter.
My main point is that there is no Superfight for Georges out there

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Connor TKOs him in the second round. I wouldn't call it a mismatch but it's bad news bares for GPS.

It's all about the dollars.

Which fight makes the most money ? Conor became a bit of a hard sell after tapping to Nate.

They need to pay GSP to compensate him for UA, or it doesn't happen.

But anybody vs GSP is a money fight. And everyone knows it.

UFC Could put GSP against me anywhere in Canada and the place would sell out in seconds. GSP is a draw and always will be.

who doesn't want to see GSP vs Lawler/ Woodley/ Cerrone /McGregor

I'd like for him to rematch Hendricks personally.

I think he would ragdoll Connor

I think the Nick fight is a good idea. Yeah, he wrestlefucked Nick into oblivion the first fight but he's coming off a long layoff, Nick is coming off a layoff as well. The fight draws and it could be interesting to see what these guys do having not been active. It's GSP's perfect comeback fight and then the winner gets a shot at the title, if that's what they want.

GSP should cut to 125 and fight Mighty Mouse.

Conor vs. GSP would easily be the biggest event in UFC history and it wouldn't even be close.

Conor via TKO in the 3rd.

conor flattens him, its a new era

at the gym i own i have trained with fedor emelianenko, peter aerts, wladimir klitschko, floyd mayweather, ive seen it all

or i thought id seen it all
neve rseen anything that comes even close to conor mcgregor over my career. "WOW"

Hendo wins the mw title then retires and title is vacant.

In comes GSP.

Weidman vs Rockhold
GSP vs Bisping

4 man tourny over the next 6 months to determine the new undisputed middleweight champion.

You're welcome, Joe Silva. And you're welcome, sherdog.

I'd like for him to rematch Hendricks personally.

I think he would ragdoll Connor
how long have you been watching mma? a couple weeks?

ive been in the community since the early 80s and trust me conor puts gsp in a wheelchair in under 20 seconds

conor flattens him, its a new era

at the gym i own i have trained with fedor emelianenko, peter aerts, wladimir klitschko, floyd mayweather, ive seen it all

or i thought id seen it all
neve rseen anything that comes even close to conor mcgregor over my career. "WOW"
You do realize he was submitted by Nate Diaz in R2 of the first fight and won a close decision vs. Nate in the rematch. Nate is probably a top 10 to 12 ranked LW and that doesn't bode well for McGregor vs. elite competition at 155 and 170.

how long have you been watching mma? a couple weeks?

ive been in the community since the early 80s and trust me conor puts gsp in a wheelchair in under 20 seconds
Thanks for letting me know about your life - I am thrilled to have learnt that about you. And no - I have followed MMA since the early UFC days. Conor barely edged Nate Diaz who will forever be a gate keeper.

GSP would embarrass him at WW, he's too strong and his wrestling is top notch he would be fighting off his back for 25 minutes.

This match is unlikely to happen so who cares?

There are a bunch of fights for him that would sell through the roof

GSP would take Conor to the ground and keep him there.

Conor vs. GSP would easily be the biggest event in UFC history and it wouldn't even be close.

Conor via TKO in the 3rd.

Connie would be gassed out by the second.

GSP is in another level. GSP is one of the greatest of all times. Connie is just a casual drawer with a huge mouth.

Connie would be gassed out by the second.

GSP is in another level. GSP is one of the greatest of all times. Connie is just a casual drawer with a huge mouth.
KO's the consensus #1 P4P fighter in the world in 13 seconds.

"The guy is all talk!"

Can't make this up, folks.

Back