White: George St Pierre Doesn't Have The Drive He Once Had - Thoughts?

ChosenMMA

Part Of DC Nation & The Cruz & Velasquez Wagon
@purple
Reaction score
Dana White is still sceptical about seeing a George St Pierre return, which is intriguing, this is a man who if he indeed makes a return to the company, will generate a lot of interest and money.

Question 1. Why is Dana White so against a Pierre return when it only works in his favour? is it Pierre being unhappy with the money on the table for a potential return? is White still grudged from the way Pierre bowed out?

2. Who would you like to see Pierre fight if he does return, should he got for the title he never lost? I would like to have seen it if Lawler beat Woodley, but now not so much, Diaz or Silva I think would be likely right now, Hendricks is buried in the sand now.

3. Will Pierre actually make a return?

Dana is bitter because GSP left without the big money rematch.
He wants a champion to lose on his way out so he can he sell the next champion better.

I'm a fan of his and will be okay with it if he doesn't ever return(perfect career),but if he does it should be for the belt he never lost.

Well I mean he hasn't fought in 3 years. You'd think if he had the same drive he would fight.

Dana White is still sceptical about seeing a George St Pierre return, which is intriguing, this is a man who if he indeed makes a return to the company, will generate a lot of interest and money.

Question 1. Why is Dana White so against a Pierre return when it only works in his favour? is it Pierre being unhappy with the money on the table for a potential return? is White still grudged from the way Pierre bowed out?

2. Who would you like to see Pierre fight if he does return, should he got for the title he never lost? I would like to have seen it if Lawler beat Woodley, but now not so much, Diaz or Silva I think would be likely right now, Hendricks is buried in the sand now.

My thought is Dana is an idiot and needs to shut the fuck up as always.

This translates into: I don't want to pay GSP what he is worth so I will talk trash about him to make him look bad if he doesn't take my lowball offer.

Sour grapes because White was SUPER pissed when St-Pierre left in 2013, costing them tens of millions of dollars in lost PPV buys in 2014.

A rational businessman would be soothing the big superstar to sort through issues and get the comeback, but White's preference is to demean a talent as a pressure tactic.

Let's be fair now. GSP is a legend but anybody that knows MMA knows that GSP lost to Johnny Hendricks. I'm not being a hater but GSP hung on for dear life and delivered no significant damage to Hendricks in return. That being said I hope to god that GSP does comeback but I hope he doesn't fight Woodley for his comeback fight. I think now is the perfect time to make the long anticipated fight with Anderson Silva. If he wins that or even if he loses but doesn't get destroyed then maybe a rematch with Hendricks. Let's be clear now that USADA is involved with the UFC Johnny Hendricks looks deflated and a shell of his former self and a rematch between them makes perfect sense. Then if he wins that lets see him fight Woodley or whoever is Champion. Now to answer the question I think Dana is trying to goad GSP into a quick comeback. Kind of a childish move but that is usually the level that Dana operates at isn't it? Bottom line like I said I hope Georges does comeback and will watch whoever he does end up fighting

That's just Dana attempting to use reverse-psychology on George via the media(he's been using this tactic for the last couple of months concerning GSP). George wants to fight, he just hasn't liked the offers so far. He wants that Connor dough.

Surprised Dana is being negative. UFC needs all the stars they can get, they are badly lacking stars. GSP return would be huge for them

GSP is a legend but anybody that knows MMA knows that GSP lost to Johnny Hendricks
Anyone who thinks that knows nothing about MMA. It was a close fight that come down to round 1 and GSP did slightly more and deserved the win.

All I can gather is White is using this as a negotiation tactic and wants an actual fight contract signed.

lets be honest and not live in the past who really cares about gsp or who he fights at 35 years old. he will dry hump his way to another boring decision and thats if he even can anymore.and against who ? diaz ? woodley ? nobody he fights will be interesting and i think since the new testing system gsp will be a different fighter on top of his age. he just wants more $ cash

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back