I don't get it. Condit has shown not-so-stellar Takedown Defense and Maia has Ragdolled Everyone

HateTheGame

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
even other wrestlers....
how is maia an underdog? this line is way out of wack. Gonna bet big on Maia, maybe $500. Gonna make a cool G tonight

exactly. Maia is a clear favorite here. Styles make fights.

I see what your saying, I've got Maia in this one. His striking has looked a lot better recently. Although I could see condit winning by ko or decision

Condit is great off his back and will strike relentlessly from the bottom. This is no easy fight for Maia but I do think he wins.

I hope condit has been wearing his back to school backpack cuz he's gonna need the practice

But Condit has pretty good leg kicks....oh......

Rooting for Maia, as he is one of my faves but Condit is not an easy win for anyone.

The longer the fight goes, the more the odds favor Carlos.

Maias best shot is to get this to the ground and FINISH him early (within 2 rounds).

Maia is human glue and Condit ain't submitting him from the bottom. I hope to god Condit pulls out the win somehow because him smashing Whoodley would the MMA highlight of the year.

The difference between Condit and Maia's prior competitors is that Condit is a beast on the ground. Condit can hurt Maia on the ground and is very good getting back to his feet - see Hendrix fight.

For sure, this will be interesting or over quickly.

We know what Mai wants to do. Condit- wants too make Mai strike.

Maia's wrestling/takedowns are so overrated on here lately. 3 of 10 TDs against Brown, 2 of 8 against Gunnar, 5 of 14 against LaFlare, etc

They're so telegraphed and he tires out in the later rounds and starts flopping to his back if he isn't having much success. I can see Condit avoiding the TDs or scrambling back to the feet quickly if he does get taken down and winning a decision. Maybe he'll catch Maia shooting in on one of those lazy/tired TDs later in the fight and finish him.

Condit is great off his back and will strike relentlessly from the bottom. This is no easy fight for Maia but I do think he wins.
Condit is great off his back, but Maia is a few notches above any other fighter he has fought in his ability to pass the guard. I think it's even more imperative for Condit to remain on his feet on this one than it even was vs GSP.

Not sure Maia has fought anyone as crafty as Condit on the feet. I think he's gonna hit Maia with something that he never see's coming.....I could be wrong, Condit could end up getting completely controlled and beat the hell up but my gut says he'll be fine. Will see tonight eh?

Condit is great off his back, but Maia is a few notches above any other fighter he has fought in his ability to pass the guard. I think it's even more imperative for Condit to remain on his feet on this one than it even was vs GSP.

I concur. Condit will run further from Maia then he did against Nick. Yeah, I went there.

Back