Nate Diaz vs ? = Money fight

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So with Nate on self imposed hiatus till a third fight is scheduled, it has become obvious who the bigger draw is. Conor seems to make rich anybody that fights him, at this stage. He can take you from 20/20 one fight and turn you into a millionaire the next. Can't remember any other fighter possessing that kind of star power in MMA, so it has me wondering; who, other than CMac, can Nate fight to generate numbers close to what he just pulled in? Or does he know that isn't possible, hence the whole sitting out. Does he now have to eat crow with the whole,"Diaz is the biggest name in MMA" and "He(Conor) thought he was the show." Thoughts?

Nate vs. Ferguson
Nate vs. Khabib
Nate vs. Poirier

Nate vs. any exciting LW could easily headline a fox card

Guys awesome, just needs to put some wins together at 155. At the time, I didn't even think he deserved the Michael Johnson fight

if Nate wanted to fight GSP this would be big

So with Nate on self imposed hiatus till a third fight is scheduled, it has become obvious who the bigger draw is. Conor seems to make rich anybody that fights him, at this stage. He can take you from 20/20 one fight and turn you into a millionaire the next. Can't remember any other fighter possessing that kind of star power in MMA, so it has me wondering; who, other than CMac, can Nate fight to generate numbers close to what he just pulled in? Or does he know that isn't possible, hence the whole sitting out. Does he now have to eat crow with the whole,"Diaz is the biggest name in MMA" and "He(Conor) thought he was the show." Thoughts?
Either cm punk or Nick Diaz brothers throw down

Nate doesn't have many big fights. He's got Conor 3 or a title fight at 155. He won't fight at 170 or gsp (those are his brothers fights) so I could see him sitting out for awhile

---------------------------------

I don't think Nate will be a draw without Mcgregor. Sure he'll get some views and probably more then before Mcgregor, but nothing nearly close as fighting Mcgregor.

Besides, fighting anyone else = stupid. If he loses to anyone else, that will ruin his trilogy fight with Mcgregor.

Nate vs. Ferguson
Nate vs. Khabib
Nate vs. Poirier

Nate vs. any exciting LW could easily headline a fox card

Guys awesome, just needs to put some wins together at 155. At the time, I didn't even think he deserved the Michael Johnson fight
Those could headline, but he probably won't make 2 mil for all those fights combined unless CMac is the referee.

Those could headline, but he probably won't make 2 mil for all those fights combined unless CMac is the referee.

probably not but if Conor doesnt go back to beating manlets at 145 he's going to rack up more losses and hurt his drawing power lol

1 M $+ - Conor McGregor

501-750 K $ - Nick Diaz, Lightweight title fight

250-500 K $ - Donald Cerrone, Tony Ferguson

Not saying any of these are necessarily likely to happen, eg he'll never fight Nick, but if he would get a money fight, these are the only potential ones I see.

EDIT : Nick vs Nate could prob rack him up a mil if it was at UFC 209 and in Stockton where I do believe 209 will prob be with Nick and Nate at main and co main regardless. Also GSP might get him a mil or close to it.

Not really a money fight but I'd like to see him face Edson Barbosa.

So, just curious? Why you make a thread asking which one can be a money fight, if you think only Conor can make that happen?

A fight where Dana would be forced to pay him millions again?...only Conor does this for Nate. No other fight will get Nate that much money, and he knows it...that is why it is smart to just sit out a year or however long it takes and wait for the big payday again. If Conor loses his next fight, or two, guess what, then we'll have the trilogy .

Without Conor, A Nate PPV won't crack 500k.

Which is an improvement.

Since he wouldn't crack 250k without the Conor saga.

Nate goes back into a bong haze I don't expect to see Nate for a good while he's about to go full Nick Diaz...

Back