Condit: Demian Maia is the rightful contender..?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Is this a subtle way of saying if he beats Maia, he is the true contender over Wonderboy? Cause as it stands:

Maia: 23-6, 5 fight win streak- Yakolov(UD), LaFlare(UD) Magny(Sub), Nelson(UD), Brown(Sub).

Condit: 30-9, 1 fight losing streak, 2-4 in last 6, Wins since 2012: Kampmann and Alves

Thompson: 13-1, 7 fight win streak: Burrell(UD), Clements(TKO), Whittaker(TKO), Côte(UD), Ellenberger(TKO), Hendricks(TKO), MacDonald(UD)

Not sure why Condit is even in the conversation, as even if he beats Maia he has only a 1 fight win streak and already has an L to Tyrun. Between Maia and Wonderboy, I feel WB has the superior win streak with a higher finishing rate, has never been finished, is stylistically a much bigger threat to Woodley, and has a more fan friendly fight style. Not to mention that the American public will most certainly find more appeal in him than Demian. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Condit is in the conversation because many (perhaps even most) think he beat Lawler.

I think Wonderboy should fight Woodley ASAP, I think he'll win, and I hope his first defense is against the winner of tonight's main event.

In the same way that fans play MMA math, fighters absolutely play match-up math when it comes to evaluating their peers

Condit is the reigning champ. If he defends he will unify with the winner of woodlee/wondercan.

Wonderboy Vs Condit is the real match everyone wants to see, and it will be for a title

I think whoever wins should face GSP for the next shot(after Wonderboy, he's the #1 contender). Ik he probably should've lost to Hendricks, but he did go out on top. I really don't think he should be that far from a shot.

Ik GSP is probably facing Diaz, but I'd prefer this scenario honestly.

An injury loss, a long layoff, a robbery to Lawler, hard fight with WW GOAT GSP, and razor close decision loss to Johny where Condit was more active though gave up position repeatedly.

Condit is a bad dude.

He only fights badass dudes. Kampmann was his weakest fight in some years.

I think Condit thought that WB would already be announced as fighting for the title, making him the title challenger and Maia the next #1 contender.

If Condit wins he should rematch Robbie Lawler, if Maia wins he should fight the winner of Wonderboy vs Woodley

Let T-wood sit or lose to GSP. I'd like to see the winner of this fight take on Wonderboy.

Condit is in the conversation because many (perhaps even most) think he beat Lawler.

I think Wonderboy should fight Woodley ASAP, I think he'll win, and I hope his first defense is against the winner of tonight's main event.

I think Maia would take WB.

If Condit wins he should rematch Robbie Lawler, if Maia wins he should fight the winner of Wonderboy vs Woodley
Condit vs. Lawler makes no sense for Condit now that Robbie has lost the belt, Robbie vs. Nick makes the most sense.

An injury loss, a long layoff, a robbery to Lawler, hard fight with WW GOAT GSP, and razor close decision loss to Johny where Condit was more active though gave up position repeatedly.

Condit is a bad dude.

He only fights badass dudes. Kampmann was his weakest fight in some years.
No argument here, Condit brings the violence. But I still feel Thompson is clearly more deserving at this stage, then Maia after.

Condit is on a 2 fight win streak. The Lawler Robbery doesn't count against him. Thompson is the #1 contender though.

Condit is in the conversation because many people believe that he beat Robbie Lawler in the title fight.

I don't think that Condit is saying that he is next instead of Wonderboy if he beats Maia. I think he is saying he is next after Wonderboy.

Let T-wood sit or lose to GSP. I'd like to see the winner of this fight take on Wonderboy.
Tyrun just sat 18 months, let him sit longer?? GSP already turned down that fight.. Any other horrible ideas you'd like to share?

Does anyone know if Lawler plans on jumping right back in or taking time off?

Winner of tonight vs Woodley/Wonderboy seems easy unless Lawler wants back in the mix.

Tyrun just sat 18 months, let him sit longer?? GSP already turned down that fight.. Any other horrible ideas you'd like to share?
He could sit longer idc. And since when has GSP turned down the fight? get out of here kid.

Last edited:
Condit is on a 2 fight win streak. The Lawler Robbery doesn't count against him. Thompson is the #1 contender though.
Well, to be fair, it does count against him in a few key areas: his official record shows an "L", he did not get his win bonus, and he is still announced as , "The former Interim Champion."

Back