top fighters in Bellator are just as good as their UFC counterpat

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bellator talent is not as deep but their top 3 in LW, FW, WW measures up with top 3 in the UFC

Benson Henderson getting absolutely cucked 2 fights in a row in bellator hopefully open up some eyes

Bendo has a tough time dealing with anyone. controversial decision king.

Bellator could compete with UFC talent wise, Don't let UFC fool you into thinking otherwise. The UFC will promote UFC fighters so according to them everyone else is a bum.

Benson Henderson is a can

Are you insane?

Only the best fight in the UFC. It takes a lot to be a UFC fighter. Just ask Kimbo, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, James Toney, etc. Fighting in the UFC is harder than being in the olympics.

If you don't fight in the UFC then you're by default a tomato can. You might ask how do we know UFC fighters are really the best? Stupid question it's obvious they are. If you wanna be the best then sign with the UFC and fight the best in the world 3 times a year. PERIOD.

War UFC!

Last edited:
Yeah just look at Will Brooks, who I think has what it takes to become UFC LW champ. Infact just look at Eddie Alvarez.... That says it all.

The UFC has better fighters top to bottom in every division. At 145 and 155, Bellator has a couple of elite fighters and those divisions are very top heavy.

I do not expect Will Brooks to be a champion at 155 in the UFC and I think everyone is blowing this out of proportion due to the Benson fight last night.

You mean the same Benson Henderson that got destroyed by RDA?

And RDA got destroyed by Eddie. What's your point? People lose when they're fighting aganst same level of talent.

The point is Bendo, who is a former UFC champion for crying out loud, isnt able to steamroll Bellator's top talent. That means that Bellator's top talent is on the same level as the UFC.

Bellator could compete with UFC talent wise, Don't let UFC fool you into thinking otherwise. The UFC will promote UFC fighters so according to them everyone else is a bum.

But....they are bums.

Bellator's talent pool is good. People just hate because they aren't the UFC.

Scott Coker has an eye for talent, and if Viacom give him enough money and time he will build deep divisions with the cream of the crop fighters just as he did with Strikeforce. In an age where MMA is getting bigger, and the talent pool is getting deeper, Bellator might be a force with in the next 3-4 years. Remember how Lando Vanata in his UFC debut almost beat the nr 3 ranked UFC LW fighter in T-Fergueson, those dudes are out there and Coker will scoop them up.

Bellator talent is not as deep but their top 3 in LW, FW, WW measures up with top 3 in the UFC

Benson Henderson getting absolutely cucked 2 fights in a row in bellator hopefully open up some eyes

Agree 100%. UFC fans have been brainwashed into thinking that the UFC is the only league that matters in the sport, to the point that most people think the UFC is MMA.

However the truth is that other orgs are not light years behind the UFC, they're on the same level, maybe not in total talent pool, but the top end has great fighters that could easily be contenders or even champs in the UFC given the chance.

I said this in those Rory threads, everyone is expecting Rory to steamroll through Bellator and become champ in no time, I doubt that this is going to happen. He can certainly become champ, but its not going to be a steamroll. This is the same thing we all thought when Mirko went to the UFC, I've learned my lesson since then. Strikeforce moving into the UFC and having their former fighters take names in the UFC just further cements this truth.

Most divisions in Bellator have 1-3 guys who are top talents, but the rest truly are bums.

Are you insane?

Only the best fight in the UFC. It takes a lot to be a UFC fighter. Just ask Kimbo, CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, James Toney, etc. Fighting in the UFC is harder than being in the olympics.

Short-sighted answer. While it's certianly difficult to get in the UFC, it's also equally difficult to become champion even in a "lesser" org like Bellator. The top talent in Bellator and most other decent MMA orgs is on the same level as the UFC.

Haven't you guys learned anything from the Pride and Strikeforce days?

I think on average the fighters are somewhat better in the UFC

That said they're not a different species or something

Besides the UFC being 20X deeper talent-wise, Let's match-up all the champs and see who would win. MAYBE Chandler would beat Alvarez again, but beyond that? Be real, it's a fucking clean sweep for the UFC. Get outta here

Bellator is like MLS and the UFC is like the Premier League. MLS only gets great talent when they are over the hill, past their primes, and want a ton of money.

Back