Dana White: Diaz vs McGregor trilogy doesn't make sense

mirellale

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://entimports.com/2016/08/dana-white-diaz-vs-mcgregor-trilogy-doesnt-make-sense/

“Everybody has to remember that that fight was put together because Conor McGregor’s opponent fell out. So, Nate Diaz stepped up and took it on short notice. Conor stepped up and took the fight. And you know, it was such an exciting fight the first one, they wanted to do it again, so we did it again. But they’re not in the same weight class, the fight doesn’t make any sense.”

Thoughts?

They shouldn't do it again for a long while, they bring the worst out of each other.

Dana doesn't want to risk Conor's aura. If he were to lose it could mean a loss in revenue. But yeah it's time to see a different fight now. I definitely would want to see a rematch. But in the future after they both have had some more fights. It will be even bigger then. I wanna see Conor fight Alvarez at LW. He will KO him and become a 2 weight champion IMO!

Protecting that golden egg, good job Dana!

It doesn't make sense at this point in time. I'd definitely love to see a 3rd fight down the road, but Conor needs to defend his title.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH is my thought... pf so weak im not a dana hater and i respect the man but this is straight bull*****

It will happen again. Conor is too proud of a man to not give Nate the rubber match. But it shouldn't be done anytime soon. Let Conor have a couple of fights first and build his legacy. They can even fight 3 years from now and it will still be a big fight. Conor needs to get the 155 belt and have a couple of fights at 145 first.

Do I want to see the same fight 3 times in a row? Of course not. Wait two years and do it again. For now both men need new challenges.

http://entimports.com/2016/08/dana-white-diaz-vs-mcgregor-trilogy-doesnt-make-sense/

“Everybody has to remember that that fight was put together because Conor McGregor’s opponent fell out. So, Nate Diaz stepped up and took it on short notice. Conor stepped up and took the fight. And you know, it was such an exciting fight the first one, they wanted to do it again, so we did it again. But they’re not in the same weight class, the fight doesn’t make any sense.”

Thoughts?
Unless Conor sacks up and defends his title, they are in the same weight class

it never did make sense and still doesnt. it just turned out to be a cpl great fights but why do it again its 100 % meaningless unless a belt is involved.

the only person it makes sense for is nate

conor is the golden goose and nate is dangerous as fuck. conor barely got by nate and that was a huge win for the ufc. theres no point in rolling the dice again. you can say that the fight was huge as a reason to do it again but tbh the fight will always be there and any fight conor does will be huge

It shouldn't happen again immediately, but if Conor moves to 155 permanently, it should (and will) happen down the line.

If dana thinks that fight doesn't make sense,they will fight again

Id like to watch the trilogy, but first id like both fighters having a couple of fights.

The whole weight class moving up thing without defending your belt first don't make sense YA FUCKING GOOF

he told an untruth, belts don't matter anymore. they are arbitrary

Dana chooses what fights "make sense" based on how much of a sycophant the fighters have been towards him

He doesnt give a F he will be saying its the greatest trilogy of all time the week before it, too much money for him to pass over

Back