CM Punk will not make weight for UFC debut

smokedj

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
In the documentary filming his preparation they showing weighing at 192.5 lbs. Given his lack of athleticism, I highly doubt he can make the cut to 170 lbs... The UFC is concerned about this and on its website they show a 185 lbs weight for him, which is not true.

I respect anyone who trains hard and steps into the octagon but he did not deserve to have a first fight in the UFC, he should have started in a much smaller promotion. He looks awful in the sparring footage... most likely will get submitted in less than 2 min.

how the fuck do you know he's not going to make weight or what's going to happen? man get the hell outta here, i bet you can't even sleep well at night because of CM Punk's weight.

Was filmed 18 months ago, that is quite some time to make the f***in weight

200.gif

He's got Rufus and his crew helping him + he's got a Nutritionist. I am pretty sure he will, I mean I think hes going to get his face beat but he does look serious in competing. Also what you saw with the show has been filmed awhile back. Its not what he is right now.

just call mike dolce bro

Why didn't he deserve it? It's a business and he'll make them money.

Besides, who cares if he fights at 185 or 170? It's a freak show anyway. Doesn't matter, make it openweight.

He later said the pounds just keep dropping off, I think he said he was 180 months ago, still fat though.

I don't know if he'll make weight but I bet he could kick your ass TS

I have no idea who this guy is. I only know he and Bork from MMA. This Punk guy looks horrendous.

We are talking about an entertainer who was not subject to USADA testing for years while in the WWE, which suggests the obvious. If he was 192 just out of The WWE, then it's reasonable to suggest the weight will come off while subject to advanced drug testing.

We are talking about an entertainer who was not subject to USADA testing for years while in the WWE, which suggests the obvious. If he was 192 just out of The WWE, then it's reasonable to suggest the weight will come off while subject to advanced drug testing.

He has beyond Barnett-level genetics if he was PEDing it up and was still as skinny fat as he was.

Pretty sure he was 192ish with like 4 months to go until he had to weigh in at 170

Pretty sure there are guys fighting at 170 who weigh around 190 within a couple weeks of weighing in and make it

Considering he's still fat at 180 he should probably drop down to 135

what does a lack of athleticism have to do with making weight?

It is a business no such thing as deserving if it makes money.

People keep complaining about Punk getting a fight in the UFC like the whole of MMA is in danger of collapsing because a professional wrestler gets a shot.
This is a win/win situation for everyone the UFC, Punk and the other fighters.
Also I like an occasional freak-show fight.

Back