Rory's offers

cincyjits

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
It's official that Rory is no longer with UFC. Are there any official numbers on what may have been offered by the UFC vs Bellator?

When DFW heard that GSP was thinking about coming back...

all I know is the UFC are idiots for letting Rory go

Bellator: 250K/250K

UFC:
dana-white-twitter.jpg

its not just about the money. im sure the environment and freedom are much better as well. not to mention he was a top 5 WW in the UFC there is only a couple of legit contenders in Bellators 170 division. So tell me, why fight in the UFC for less money and freedom as well as much tougher fights resulting in possibly taking more damage than needed.

Either way, dont expect "red king" to make a debut until early 2017.

Can we extrapolate anything from this regarding GSP's intended return?

Could this mean that GSP means to stick around for a while?

Hmmmmm......

Business wise not really, No point in breaking the bank for a guy who not going to make a ton of money for the company. Personally I would rather see Rory where he belongs, but I understand why they didn't match

Unfortunately I don't see Rory being capable of winning UFC gold, and maybe not even Bellator gold. One jab to his nose shuts him down pretty good.

Last edited:
its not just about the money. im sure the environment and freedom are much better as well. not to mention he was a top 5 WW in the UFC there is only a couple of legit contenders in Bellators 170 division. So tell me, why fight in the UFC for less money and freedom as well as much tougher fights resulting in possibly taking more damage than needed.

Either way, dont expect "red king" to make a debut until early 2017.
Also freedom from USADA.

Unfortunately I don't see Rory being capable of winning UFC gold again, and maybe not even Bellator gold.

Again?

One jab to his nose shuts him down pretty good.

Well, in his rematch against Lawler, MacDonald fought three rounds with a broken nose. A blow to his broken nose did stop him in that fight; a medical examination later revealed that Lawler had separated MacDonald's nose from his skull. I don't know how many welterweights will be able to accomplish that with one jab.

You're a bitch. The UFC WW division is the most stacked division in MMA history. Filled to the gills with killers who could become champion with just the right circumstances and fights. UFC could afford to cut Jake Shields, and Rory is more exciting but close to Shields level in overall popularity. Guys like Dong Hyundai Kim and Gunnar Nelson could be champion and they are barely even ranked. The Maia Condition headline fight will illustrate just how much Rory won't be missed. Bellators MVP needs competition.

+Having his own sponsors again, he'll be making excellent money over there.

Good move on his part.

True, but he should have to change his name to the Red Prince. You can't be a King in Bellator, sorry.

I am also curious on what his new salary will be. I guess we'll have to wait for his first fight to find out but it's gotta be at least 200k/200k, I figure.

Again?

Well, in his rematch against Lawler, MacDonald fought three rounds with a broken nose. A blow to his broken nose did stop him in that fight; a medical examination later revealed that Lawler had separated MacDonald's nose from his skull. I don't know how many welterweights will be able to accomplish that with one jab.

The point he is trying to make is that his nose was never the same after the Lawler rematch. Rory has broken his nose at least 3 times after that fight in training and in his fight with Wonderboy.

You're a bitch. The UFC WW division is the most stacked division in MMA history. Filled to the gills with killers who could become champion with just the right circumstances and fights. UFC could afford to cut Jake Shields, and Rory is more exciting but close to Shields level in overall popularity. Guys like Dong Hyundai Kim and Gunnar Nelson could be champion and they are barely even ranked. The Maia Condition headline fight will illustrate just how much Rory won't be missed. Bellators MVP needs competition.
so from my thinking they are idiots for letting Rory go you came to the conclusion that Im a bitch?

go fuck yourself ya goof

Back