A reflection about rankings, title shots and the competition

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In b4, I know that the rankings making process isn´t 100% precise, and mma is a different sport where you can´t compete every weekend. But this can´t be used as an excuse. The rankings yes should be improved, utilized and the ufc should stick to it as much as humanly possible.

A win or a Loss can´t be seen outside the context... for example you can´t say Jacare is not next in line because of one loss in his last fight, or Romero if he wasn´t guilty in his PED case... Holloway has a 9 fight winning streak, more than deserves to fight for the title, but if his 10th fight is not for the title and he loses it, does that make him not deserve a shot? I don´t think so. If nobody else has a better recent record than him, he is still more deserving of a shot than anybody.

Create a parameter for immediate rematches and only for champions, for example champions with 3 title defenses will have an immediate rematch, the other won´t, regardless of how the fight was, so no space for subjective things like "oh, but he got KOed in the first round".

For fucks sake, bring real mma experts as judges, not those clowns, they can ruin someone´s career.

Look, the fighters invest too much time, effort and money in their careers, put in literally sweat and blood, sacrifice their lives... There can´t be any room for bullshit like legends of the sports close to retiring, former condecorated champs that feel like coming back, trash talkers running their mouth, fake wwe roided up dudes, immediate rematch bs, etc... of course the ufc wants to feed us with what´s best for them, but we must always demand the real best ranked fighters, no exceptions whatsoever... for the good of the sport we need the real best warriors to feel 100% motivated and not unhappy and thinking "oh man, that big mouth will get that big check anyways so why should I train so fucking hard, fuck this shit"...

What do you think?

TLDR. Also, overkill thread topic. My's well be about Connor and Nate.

Back