Is Joanna the 115 pound champion for the next years?

next_mma_champ

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Unlike Rousey, she does not have any major holes in her game that she isn`t working on, and there is no one else in the divison that is on her level. Is there anyone who can challenge her, or am I right in my conclusion? She has won over Gadelha twice, and the only women which I could see even challenging her is Mrs. Thug.

I don't know. The 115lb division is so young and evolving so quickly. I'm not even sure if we know who are the best on the planet yet, fighters from other combat sports are starting to flood in, just the number of European woman with striking backgrounds is a rapidly flowing stream into the mma pool.

Jjdowns is certainly good, but hardly complete of even very good in areas. Great striking, good Tdd and she's long. Her striking is great, but other woman have credentials in other martial arts and she has lost stand up matches.

Tldr I have no idea

Easy to say that about Rousey in hindsight. In reality, she looked completely unstoppable before she lost. On a whole other level to Joanna.

the answer is probably Claudia, but she won't get another title shot for a while. there are two fighters with a muay thai background JJ is yet to face. Joanne Calderwood and Justine Kish. if she beats both the division has nothing else to offer her but an ever improving claudia gadelha. we'll see...

Easy to say that about Rousey in hindsight. In reality, she looked completely unstoppable before she lost. On a whole other level to Joanna.
While I agree with what you said the good thing about Joanna is that she doesn't go out and destroy people in 1 round, people get to see her fight at least 3 rounds every time she fights so we get to see more of her and so do her opponents. Still nobody has figured out a gameplan.

Although Karate Hottie is small and always injured that could be an interesting match up.

2017 will have one SW champion. "The division is evolving" into 1 fighter with a sizable win streak, and the next highest being Bec Rawlings with 2 wins in a row.

Claudia is Joanna's only competition, and she's 0-2 right now. She'll get a rematch eventually, but I doubt she gets booked in enough fights in the next year or so to justify a title shot (she will win every fight)

am i the only 1 who noticed you mentioned ROSE AS COMPETITION?

NOT WITH ALL THE PAT BARRY-AS-ANTHONY-ROBBINS-VIA-SCREAM-THERAPY THAT HER EARS CAN HANDLE.

Alexa-Grasso-jaula-Fightland.jpg

Jessica Andrade is the only one with the cardio and standup who can challenge her. It would be interesting how Gadelha would fair if she focused purely on striking instead of expending so much energy with takedowns, though.

She looked pretty vulnerable against letourneau. Woulsnt be the least surprised to see her dethroned by next year tbh. Eventuslly she will be called overrated too once someone pulls the upset.

Jessica Andrade is the only one with the cardio and standup who can challenge her. It would be interesting how Gadelha would fair if she focused purely on striking instead of expending so much energy with takedowns, though.
joanna has a 5 inch reach advantage over andrade, and im not convinced yet about her stand up until she beats stiffer competition.

There are some good matchups in the wings: Calderwood, Grasso and the one, as a Joanna fan, I worry about the most, Tatiana Suarez.

Rose would be ZERO challenge for Joanna. Joanna has beaten Claudia twice. So she's not getting another shot for at least 18 months.

Joanna keeps the belt for the forseeable future.

until she fights Jojo anyway

am i the only 1 who noticed you mentioned ROSE AS COMPETITION?

NOT WITH ALL THE PAT BARRY-AS-ANTHONY-ROBBINS-VIA-SCREAM-THERAPY THAT HER EARS CAN HANDLE.

You haven't been keeping up... Pat Barry can't do that any more.

Back