Conor will never pass Anderson and Jon jones but.....

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think Conor will do enough in his career to pass Anderson and Jon Jones. But if he goes back to FW and beats Aldo a second time then he objectively passes GSP and Fedor on the ATG list. Aldo is ahead of both those guys, so beating him twice in his prime objectively means that Mcgregor now occupies his spot as the #3 greatest of all time.

Chris Weidman is top 2 ATG then.

If Conor wins the light weight belt and defends both the FW and LW belts he's the GOAT.

When someone becomes the GOAT. There will be no discussion. Because it will be plainly obvious to everyone. There won't be any need for debate. I think MMA is still at it's infancy. Which is why it is so hard for any one fighter to claim stake to the greatest of all time...

someone who loses against nate diaz and then hardly beats him in a rematch is not in the goat conversation sorry....

Conor will pass them all, by making the most money...

This should be the belt Conor carries around...

x9SxNIr.jpg

I don't think Conor will do enough in his career to pass Anderson and Jon Jones. But if he goes back to FW and beats Aldo a second time then he objectively passes GSP and Fedor on the ATG list. Aldo is ahead of both those guys, so beating him twice in his prime objectively means that Mcgregor now occupies his spot as the #3 greatest of all time.

It depends entirely on what your subjective view of "passing" entails. It wouldn't surprise me if McGregor had already passed Anderson in terms of money earned. I doubt he'll come close to Silva's number of title defences or even Jones' for that matter. But he's brought the spotlight on himself more than those two together could manage.

The problem with Conor is that he just hasn't showed a whole lot vs opponents that he matches up badly against. It is too early to judge his overall game and what he's truly made of.

Any solid wrestler has a great chance against him. A true goat can handle any style. And most goats have great cardio. Shit cardio and weak wrestling can't make a goat. This will become evident in his next few fights.

The thing with guys like Gsp, Jones, Fedor is that no matter how you fight against them in their prime with whatever game plan, you still lose. I'm not getting that feeling with Conor.

Thats not your worst thread but its definitely one of the 5 worst threads you ever started

Anderson and Jones are above Fedor and GSP how exactly? The only real thing distinguishing them is 2 have failed drugs tests, and 2 haven't l

1,000 ways to fail and this thread maybe #6

You don't know what the word objectively means.

Back