Stipe fans: If you really think he can beat Overeem tell me how he's going to do it

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Striking: K1 DREAM champion vs Golden Gloves obviously there is no comparison here. Overeem is vastly more decorated, has more power and a much more varied arsenal including excellent kicks and knees. Advantage: Overeem

Clinch: Overeem is a monstrosity in the clinch, Stipe doesn't have much of a clinch game really. We've seen him briefly run up people against the cage and dirty box them slightly a couple of times that's about it. Advantage: Overeem

Takedowns / TDD: This is a little more even as Stipe does have a respectable wrestling background and we have seen him use it against dangerous strikers (Hunt, JDS). He's not especially strong with his TDs though but he is effective at his negative wrestling and scrambling to keep the fight at boxing range.

Reem is actually very similar but I would give him an edge both in his takedown ability, his confidence in engaging in grappling exchanges due to his sub grappling background, and his TDD as well. He is the only opponent that Lesnar couldn't take down his TDD is second to none. He is happy to take down anyone he faces whether they have a good BJJ base or not and deal damage from the top and he has success with it. Stipe has only really used that strategy against Hunt, who is very weak from his back. Advantage: Overeem

BJJ: No comparison, Overeem is a legit highly decorated sub grappler, Stipe is an MMA wrestleboxer, Overeem eats him alive in a BJJ exchange. Advantage: Overeem

Experience: Not much to compare here either, Demolition Man is 41-14 in MMA alone, + his kickboxing fights and BJJ matches, Stipe is 15-2. Advantage: Overeem

Heart: This is one area where Stipe could be in front, Overeem has been in a lot of tough fights against killers and is usually fine, however he is a bit of a front runner and when things aren't going his way he doesn't always deal with it well. Stipe seems solid, then again we haven't seem him in the tough places that we have seen Overeem. That loss to Struve was humiliating and he did back off JDS significantly when JDS took his best shots and started to hit him back harder. Still - Advantage: Stipe

Chin: This is the one way I see Stipe having a slight chance of winning. Reem's chin is not as bad as people make out but he can freeze up when someone tags him hard. Stipe is not a power puncher but he does have good accuracy and timing, we saw what he did to Arlovskii when Arlovskii left him an opening. On the other hand again there is that loss to Struve. And we saw what Overeem did to Struve. But to be fair I must say Advantage: Stipe

Basically Reem is technically better everywhere and where Stipe's greatest strength is, slipping in and out of range volume punching, is where Reem's biggest advantage is. Standing Stipe loses, in the clinch he loses, on the ground he loses. His only chance imo is to land a lucky punch on Reem if Reem gets sloppy, which he won't, then capitalise. Werdum did it, Reem won't. Demolition Man is going to mug him for his belt.

Fireman's carry to side control to GnP finish. Ronda style.

KO/TKO. Someone is going to sleep and 85% that is Overeem. This fight wont go 5 rounds, neither i see someone getting submitted.

Move forward landing power shots and hitting the Reem button. He's a tough SOB going through that war with JDS and still going all 25. Reem is better but both are great and both are heavyweights

Standing toe to toe with him... Since Overeem won't engage it probably won't be a counter, although it's possible. Regardless, he does it with a punch to the head. (T)KO

Overeem is the higher calibur striker but Stipe is no slouch and Reem goes out if he is touched.

I wouldn't bet on this fight

Move forward landing power shots and hitting the Reem button. He's a tough SOB going through that war with JDS and still going all 25. Reem is better but both are great and both are heavyweights

Overeem made JDS look like an absolute bum.

Stone Cold Stipe for the win. But i have a feeling that Reem is going to fight smart by avoiding the fight early on and trying to secure the takedown....

Striking: K1 DREAM champion vs Golden Gloves obviously there is no comparison here. Overeem is vastly more decorated, has more power and a much more varied arsenal including excellent kicks and knees. Advantage: Overeem
If Big Ben can KO Reem, Stipe can.

Standing toe to toe with him... Since Overeem won't engage it probably won't be a counter, although it's possible. Regardless, he does it with a punch to the head. (T)KO

Reem will brutalise him to the body and legs from kick range for as long as he wants. If he senses Stipe is breaking down he can ring his bell like he did to granite chin JDS, or put him in the plum and drop him with knees.

Reem will brutalise him to the body and legs from kick range for as long as he wants. If he senses Stipe is breaking down he can ring his bell like he did to granite chin JDS, or put him in the plum and drop him with knees.
Overeem will stay a mile away from Stipe and try to counter him as Stipe attempts to apply pressure. He'll be too slow

My guess is a fist to the chin. That's Overeems favorite method of losing.

He could easily clip that glass chin.

Clearly you're an Overeem fan, you know his chin.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back