People are underestimating Charles Oliveira

ChaelSonnen

The American Gangster
@purple
Reaction score
Charles has developed pretty good standup, at least good enough to hang in there with Pettis and look for a takedown.

If this fight goes to the ground, I sincerely believe that it's night night for Pettis. Oliveira has some of the best BJJ in the UFC and I'll be shocked if he doesn't submit him.

bronxlahoma_medium_medium.gif

r29j61.gif
Charles%2BOliveira%2BDrops%2BNik%2BLentz%2Bby%2BKnee%2Bto%2Bthe%2BBody%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B67.gif
ug0d45d3g43p.gif
DependableDangerousBlackcrappie.gif

Oliveira is pretty good. Even gave Edgar a tough fight. I can never shake the Holloway/Swanson losses tho. Guy is weird as hell

yes, Oliveira is extremely resourceful and shouldn't be the underdog against Pettis at this point, but I guess name recognition plays a big role in market tendency.

Neo-Brazilian chin. Scares me too much. STill think he's got a good shot to beat Pettis, but if Pettis lands a couple on that noggin, do Bronx be do sleep.

Not everyone can be Frankenstein.

Most of sherdog is slightly favoring him from what I've seen.

This guy is too too crafty.. I don't favor Pettis over him at all.

Charles has had some great performances and some stinkers, we'll see which Charles shows up tonight..

No doubt, this is a tough match up for Pettis.

Yeahhhh but Pettis has been rubbish since the Melendez fight!

Being made of glass doesn't help, but I think he has a decent chance of choking Pettis.
Pettis is still the favorite imo.

People are underestimating Pettis as well. Thinks he's the favorite, but he's proved himself capable on the mat, and his striking is fantastic as long as he doesn't put his back against the fence to avoid takedowns.

Too me it seems like people are actually favoring or have him even with Pettis at this point. This fight is pretty much a toss up at this point.

Underrated Oliveira can surprise Pe ttis at this point.

Tbf almost all the comments I read were stating that this is a stiff test for Pettis for his FW

IDK about you guys but I'm heavily favoring Pettis to win

He is a far superior striker, BJJ black belt, and Charles is not a grinding wrestler. How is this stylistically a good match up for Oliveira?

Back