Who is dangerous for Khabib?

jwkelley

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
My thoughts

Mcgregor: Mostly due to KO power and this depends a lot on Khabibs chin. I am pretty sure Khabib will throw him around like a rag doll but when it is standing that left will hit and hit often.

Ferguson: Ferguson is an opportunist and can find submissions from pretty weird places. He also has finishing power in his hands. He finished two people Khabib couldnt. He also has insane cardio and when thinks hit 4th and 5th round thinks could get dangerous for khabib.

Nate Diaz: A pretty skilled out fighter he would likely eat Khabib up on the feet. On the ground he just even more dangerous.

dustin poirier: KO power plus pretty nasty clinch boxing. Khabib will get his game going, but it will cost him,

Jeez...started out bad... Khabib eats Conor alive. Along with the next three but still... No one can stop the eagle from flying. Fly eagle, fly! :p

1. Gleison Tibau + PED (allegedly). Cannot be taken down by Khabib. On suspension so doesn't count
2. AKA training + Khabib glass knees

Not convinced he has any other tough challenges in the division until proven otherwise. Conor will make me a full believer only when he fights and finishes Khabib.

Garlic sauce, chili sauce, pickled turnips, and me.

imo you have 2 kind of guys, a guy like Barboza or Cerrone,who have a lot of skills on the feet and could prevent Khabib to get close. Or a stronger grappler than him, Tibau with maybe tainted supplements

I think Edson is the most dangerous guy for Khabib right now. His takedown defense vs. Gilbert looked like a grown man throwing a child around. Obviously Khabib has better takedowns than Gilbert, but I think Edson looks like he has the best takedown defense at 155 right now, and he eats Khabib alive on the feet if Khabib can't get it to the ground.

I would still favour Khabib to win but I think Barboza's style could give him issues. If he lands any more than 10 solid leg kicks to the lead leg then that's going to really impede Khabib's ability to shoot for takedowns. Barboza's works well from the outside and his improving footwork would make it harder for Khabib to be in position for the TD. And Barboza's disciplined with his hands so it's harder for Khabib to time that reactive double/single leg TD as Barboza will rarely overextend on his strikes.

I thought Eddie would be a bad math up for him.

I'd probably favor him over any lightweight. That said, his shit striking could really cost him against.... Anyone in the top twenty lol. Rda and Eddie are probably the toughest fights for him right now

I'd say McGregor is 15% dangerous (can knock you out on the back foot), whilst Poirier is about 2% dangerous (plows forward).

Khabib is a big favourite in both fights but if he fights often enough eventually he will get knocked out.

Diaz potentially could manifest as a guy who 9 times out of 10 gasses Khabib out and finishes him with a sub or tko but I'd make Khabib the favourite.

Shinya Aoki would spank that ass

My thoughts

Nate Diaz: A pretty skilled out fighter he would likely eat Khabib up on the feet. On the ground he just even more dangerous.

giphy.gif

Khabib would toss Nate in the air like pizza dough for 15 straight minutes.

I think Barbooza would be his toughest match up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back