Nate & Nick are their own worst enemies

Lemmy Caution

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Conor knew he had nothing for Nate after their first fight. So he started to work on his bjj and brought in Dutch kickboxers to train with. I do not care about Conor, but I do admire his dedication to improve himself. You improve by recognizing your weaknesses. Fedor knew he had to put in work before the Cro Cop fight. Perhaps the most extreme example is GSP, who turned into one of the best grapplers in the game.

Nate came into the second fight basically same as in the first. He still did not check leg kicks. If Conor had kicked like Aldo, it could have ended up a very painful night for Nate.

Nate and Nick may be as good as ever, perhaps even better. But they have also been figured out. Everybody knows how to fight them. While knowing how to beat somebody does not mean you will beat the person, but it sure improves the odds.

Nate and Nick's boxing, bjj and cardio are elite. Now bring in some Dutch guys and improve the areas that are not.

I think Nate TKO's Colin at 155 in a year or so.

209 motherfucker. Sorry if you expected more

Nate made millions of dollars fighting McG two times. Yeah, he is his worst enemy..

Nate's style is why he was handpicked as RDA's replacement. He got paid millions and millions of dollars because of it. You make good points as to why they will probably never be champions, and even if they did win a championship fight, they wouldn't be long lasting champions. But they are making bank fighting "money fights" because of their style and attitude. They play their own game and are making bank because of it. They're doing just fine.

Nate's style is why he was handpicked as RDA's replacement. He got paid millions and millions of dollars because of it. You make good points as to why they will probably never be champions, and even if they did win a championship fight, they wouldn't be long lasting champions. But they are making bank fighting "money fights" because of their style and attitude. They play their own game and are making bank because of it. They're doing just fine.

^this

Worded perfectly!

Meh, they're about as good as they can be.

There are varying opinions on their marketing skills, but if you watch them fight they're tough, skilled hombres.

They're just below a few guys, no shame in that

That Conor brought in Dutch guy is a rumor started by one single SDer and is very likely only a rumor. I have only heard Conor say he brought in a Irish kickboxing champ.

Nate made millions of dollars fighting McG two times. Yeah, he is his worst enemy..

Yeah, I bet away from the cameras they are buds. Nate will probably send Conor an appreciation/thank-you card on the anniversary of their first fight for years to come.

TS is right. If Nate had really shown a propensity to adapt and develop his complete game would have been champ ages ago and earned that much money each fight instead of once or twice on the coat tails of McGregor.

Man, I would love to see Nate Diaz with a good blast double and better trips.

No, Nate campaigned for the fight and they went to Aldo and Edgar first, who both declined. That's why he got picked.

No, Nate campaigned for the fight and they went to Aldo and Edgar first, who both declined. That's why he got picked.
Neither one those two 145 lb. fighters were going to take a fight on 10 days notice vs Conor, I'm sure the UFC knew that. Nate's "campaigning" was one profanity laced plea for a big money fight, and he was on vacation when he got the call. He was supposed to lose that first fight.

Neither one those two 145 lb. fighters were going to take a fight on 10 days notice vs Conor, I'm sure the UFC knew that. Nate's "campaigning" was one profanity laced plea for a big money fight, and he was on vacation when he got the call. He was supposed to lose that first fight.

Lol, they didn't know he was on vacation. They don't keep track of when all their fighters are on vacation. They are independent contractors after all. It's a nice conspiracy theory you have there, but it's not build on evidence or sound reasoning.

Well they train with Joe Schilling a top 10 kickboxer i think. But they still don't check as many kicks as they could. Their stances are too fixed. They are in a certain habit now and it's hard for them to change.

Lol, they didn't know he was on vacation. They don't keep track of when all their fighters are on vacation. They are independent contractors after all. It's a nice conspiracy theory you have there, but it's not build on evidence or sound reason.
Not sure if the UFC keeps track, but since USADA tests you randomly, and you always have to be available for their tests, they absolutely keep track of where you are at all times. You have to check in with them any time you leave you're state/country, so that they can test you anywhere. And it's not a conspiracy. They asked the next guys in line at 145 if they wanted the fight, and they said no. So they went with Diaz. A fringe top 5 fighter who sells tickets and wouldn't grapplefuck Conor. You really think they made this fight thinking that Diaz could win? This is the same organization that has Bisping/Hendo fighting for the MW championship while Jacare/Yoel/Weidman/Rockhold don't have fights scheduled.

Not sure if the UFC keeps track, but since USADA tests you randomly, and you always have to be available for their tests, they absolutely keep track of where you are at all times. You have to check in with them any time you leave you're state/country, so that they can test you anywhere. And it's not a conspiracy. They asked the next guys in line at 145 if they wanted the fight, and they said no. So they went with Diaz. A fringe top 5 fighter who sells tickets and wouldn't grapplefuck Conor. You really think they made this fight thinking that Diaz could win? This is the same organization that has Bisping/Hendo fighting for the MW championship while Jacare/Yoel/Weidman/Rockhold don't have fights scheduled.

Yes and USADA operates independently from the UFC. So that's not relevant.

They wanted Aldo, who said he would be training just in case they needed a replacement. <36> And according to you they knew he would decline...

http://www.punditarena.com/mmaufc/s...upon-to-fight-conor-mcgregor-on-short-notice/

Then they go to Frankie who many said would definitely grapple fuck Conor.

Then the third choice is a tough as fuck dude, who is much taller, has a larger reach and is a threat both on the ground and in the stand up with his boxing. All aspects perfect to counter Conor's strengths in the stand up and also his perceived weakness on the ground. The only thing he didn't posses was good wrestling, but that's far from him not being a threat to Conor and how would you think they did not know that. They put a whole lot more thought into this than 90% of the fight fans. It's their job.

Conor knew he had nothing for Nate after their first fight. So he started to work on his bjj and brought in Dutch kickboxers to train with. I do not care about Conor, but I do admire his dedication to improve himself. You improve by recognizing your weaknesses. Fedor knew he had to put in work before the Cro Cop fight. Perhaps the most extreme example is GSP, who turned into one of the best grapplers in the game.

Nate came into the second fight basically same as in the first. He still did not check leg kicks. If Conor had kicked like Aldo, it could have ended up a very painful night for Nate.

Nate and Nick may be as good as ever, perhaps even better. But they have also been figured out. Everybody knows how to fight them. While knowing how to beat somebody does not mean you will beat the person, but it sure improves the odds.

Nate and Nick's boxing, bjj and cardio are elite. Now bring in some Dutch guys and improve the areas that are not.

Wel Conor said post fight that Nate checked leg kicks better than he expected, so he definately worked on it. That said, he had an injured knee and as far as I know Nate never said which one it was. It fucks up your reflexes.

Back