Is there anyone who likes Cruz's style, but not Mayweather's?

I do

Mayweather fighting cowardly not technically

And gifted many decisions

I love them both and if you don't....

<3>

Don't hate the playa! Hate the game!

bork1}

I find Mayweather's control of distance literally mesmerizing, but all the constant hugging in boxing drives me fucking crazy. Allow fighting in a clinch or punish them for it but this halfway shit where they constantly hug reset hug reset is more boring than watching jon fitch wrestling a chair for forty-five minutes.

Cruz, on the other hand, I full-heartedly endorse.

I love Dom's style & appreciate Mayweather's. But I also love MMA & find it entertaining/exciting where as I dislike boxing because it's boring.

I see your point for sure, but I do like watching Cruz, and I don't really like watching Mayweather. Although Cruz's fights almost always go to decision, it still feels like there is a possibility of the fight ending, because he is usually working his opponents pretty bad. He put Faber down with big strikes a couple of times in the last fight, even thought it ended up going to decision. In Mayweather fights, you can tell within the first couple of rounds that it is going to decision with him winning while barely being touched, and not causing too much damage to his opponent. I respect the skill, but I don't find it entertaining. When it feels like there is just no chance of a finish, the fight loses a lot of excitement for me.

I like both styles. Floyd has the best defense and pull counter in boxing. Cruz makes good strikers look like cave men throwing wild haymakers.

I find Mayweather's control of distance literally mesmerizing, but all the constant hugging in boxing drives me fucking crazy. Allow fighting in a clinch or punish them for it but this halfway shit where they constantly hug reset hug reset is more boring than watching jon fitch wrestling a chair for forty-five minutes.

Cruz, on the other hand, I full-heartedly endorse.

I see your point for sure, but I do like watching Cruz, and I don't really like watching Mayweather. Although Cruz's fights almost always go to decision, it still feels like there is a possibility of the fight ending, because he is usually working his opponents pretty bad. He put Faber down with big strikes a couple of times in the last fight, even thought it ended up going to decision. In Mayweather fights, you can tell within the first couple of rounds that it is going to decision with him winning while barely being touched, and not causing too much damage to his opponent. I respect the skill, but I don't find it entertaining. When it feels like there is just no chance of a finish, the fight loses a lot of excitement for me.

Agree with these posts 100%.

Love watching Cruz fight, but most of Mayweather's fights are very boring for me.

I'd rather watch 5 rounds of Cruz at his best than 12 rounds of Mayweather. Just more of an MMA guy than boxing.

I'll also rewatch Cruz fights when I'm on the treadmill. I have no idea why but it helps me keep pace.

#cruzbless

Yes, well, Cruz is so dynamic and calculating with his approach as he lights up the cage. His movements are crisp and it looks like he's playing chess in there.

Mayweather, although explosive, just .. is just too explosive for his own good and his style only works because he's so athletic. I feel if he wasn't so athletic that it wouldn't work for him so it takes away from it for me. It's hard to explain..it just does. He's boring.

I don't care for the way Cruz fights at all. I can watch Floyd box all day.

Yes, well, Cruz is so dynamic and calculating with his approach as he lights up the cage. His movements are crisp and it looks like he's playing chess in there.

Mayweather, although explosive, just .. is just too explosive for his own good and his style only works because he's so athletic. I feel if he wasn't so athletic that it wouldn't work for him so it takes away from it for me. It's hard to explain..it just does. He's boring.

What boxing are you watching?! Mayweather is far more crisp and calculating than Cruz. On top of that, he's more athletic and perhaps that combination is leaving you a bit confused

I'd rather watch 5 rounds of Cruz at his best than 12 rounds of Mayweather. Just more of an MMA guy than boxing.

I'll also rewatch Cruz fights when I'm on the treadmill. I have no idea why but it helps me keep pace.

#cruzbless
You can just feel the influence & inspiration of the Domin8R! :D

Cruz bless indeed...

CfjcVUZUUAACebt.jpg:large

Back