MMA Striking > Kickboxing Striking

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look at guys like Dominic Cruz, Dillashaw.. They just scream greatness. Where can you see striking of this level in kickboxing?

Big fan of Dominic myself but Ramon Dekkers (R.I.P., brother) comes to mind. Striking was in that warrior's blood.

Look at guys like Dominic Cruz, Dillashaw.. They just scream greatness. Where can you see striking of this level in kickboxing?

I can name 500 kickboxers with better striking than Cruz

Cruz and Dillashaw without the threat of a takedown are average to above average fighters

MMA striking involves takedowns, kickboxing striking doesn't. Apples and oranges.

Id say mma defense is better because you can get away with just putting your hands up and blocking with kickboxing gloves. Not the case with mma gloves, but stand up altogether? Nah, mma strikers cant hold a candle to actual kickboxers...

People can strike more freely when they aren't expecting any grappling/wrestling techniques, that's why the exchanges usually go on for much longer in kickboxing fights, but when you are throwing strikes in mma while anticipating strikes/grappling/wrestling it becomes much more difficult.

I used to think K-1 fighters were much superior strikers to guys in mma, but Kid Yamamoto did well against Masato, Gegard Mousasi took a 3 round UD from the K-1 heavyweight champ and Overeem won the 2010 K-1GP. Guys nowadays in Glory are better pure strikers than UFC fighters, but there isn't thaat much of a difference in the level of striking

Back