Has Benson Henderson forgotten how to fight?

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Seriously, this dude was top 3 in the division for a good while, then he moves to Bellator and looks totally lost. Any speculation as to what happened?

So glad the UFC cut him. He's such a tool, his post fight speech was the cringiest thing since his last one.

So glad the UFC cut him. He's such a tool, his post fight speech was the cringiest thing since his last one.
I was glad to see him go as well. He seems like a nice dude, but his style is so absurdly boring. Also thought Edgar beat him soundly in their rematch, as did Cowboy.

Could potentially be the fact that in his mind that he is "fighting guys below his level for a bigger check" therefore he isn't training as hard.

Also, didn't homeboy say that he was going to join the army after his last fight?

I watched the first edgar fight the other day, the difference is crazy, he's forgotten how to kick and throw combinations.

needs to go back to the UFC, where the competition is easier - Kenny Florian

He's just had a major step up in competition :$

Man it's a shame Pitbull suffered an injury, he was winning that fight.

As for Bendo... who knows. He took the center of the cage, but seemed to hesitate. The rare occasions when he threw strikes, they were off.

I feel it's a combination of Pitbull being a good fighter, and Benderson having a tough time adjusting to the new scenery. Remember his fight with Brandon Thatch? Where is that guy?

Either way, what a weird way to earn a title shot.

Koreshkov is legit and bigger/stronger than Benson

Pitbull is a featherweight so he had a clear speed advantage, Benson should have looked to take the smaller guy to the ground, not try to stike with him

Benson is burned out. It seems mroe mental than physical, but who knows. I think he should consider retiring after that win.

The toothpick made all the difference. When you're fighting with the fear of choking to death on a toothpick, you perform better.

He knows how to check leg kicks which most MMA fighters still can't do.

Could potentially be the fact that in his mind that he is "fighting guys below his level for a bigger check" therefore he isn't training as hard.

Also, didn't homeboy say that he was going to join the army after his last fight?
I believe he joined the reserves, he was on the Fighter and Kid podcast saying he missed the age cutoff for the marines and the army.

I'm glad he left the UFC. Boring as batshit fighter. I didn't watch last night but I'll happily watch Chandler punch the fuck out of him.
I seem to be alone in this opinion but I honestly thought Frankie beat him both times. I also thought Thomson and Gilbert beat him.
It looks like he's going to fight Chandler so hopefully Benson gets brutally knocked out.

Loss of hunger/motivation maybe. When you're used to competing on the biggest stage onto something smaller, the stakes aren't gonna feel as high. He's already won a UFC belt and defended it several times. Now he just wants to get paid. Hopefully fighting Chandler lights a fire under him again. It makes me curious to see how Rory looks.

honestly, anyone who tattoos angel wings on their back is a fuckin tool

Let's just remember bellator does have some skillful guys at the top. Rory beating koreshkov is no gimme

I was glad to see him go as well. He seems like a nice dude, but his style is so absurdly boring. Also thought Edgar beat him soundly in their rematch, as did Cowboy.
If i remember right Cowboy did not beat him soundly. At all. I remember a really boring fight that i thought Benson edged out at the time. I could be wrong, but i mainly remember an even uneventful fight.

If i remember right Cowboy did not beat him soundly. At all. I remember a really boring fight that i thought Benson edged out at the time. I could be wrong, but i mainly remember an even uneventful fight.
It was basically Benson jabbing Cowboy's knees and running for 3 rounds .

Back