is the Bellator LW/WW division just flat out deeper/better than UFC?

skullmaskkid

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Benson Henderson looking like a midcard jobber 2 fights in a row...

Rory not gonna like meeting his new coworkers

MVP don't play

Not sure how deep it is but the top guys are legit.

This is nothing new though, it has always been the fighters, not the org.

I'd say the UFC has the highest concentration of top talent currently of any MMA org in history though. The overwhelming majority of top 5-10 fighters in any weight are in the UFC.

Also Bendo just looks completely flat and uninspired. I'll give credit to his opponents that he was outsized in his first match and Pitbull looked fast but in both occasions Bendo just couldn't pull the trigger so it is hard to say if that means Bellator is that good or Bendo just isn't the same worldbeater anymore- it has been a few years now since he was champ and he lost 3 in a row at LW in the UFC (then won 2 at WW against mid tier guys)

Last edited:
Alvarex, Khabib, RDA, Ferguson, Diaz, Cerrone, Poirier, Dariush, Brooks, Barboza, Iaquinta to name some UFC lightweights off the top of my head

Chandler, Saad Awad, Pitricio Pitbull, Derek Campos, Ryan Couture, Dave Jansen, Melvin Guillard (kinda), Benson Henderson, Josh Thompson to name some Bellator lightweights.

Yes some of these guys are more accomplished in the opposite org but now fight for the other.

You decide. LW and FW have always been strong divisions for Bellator. But I think the UFC's is way stronger. Plus all the lesser name guys. UFC also has more LWs.

Are you kidding me? The 155 UFC division is stacked from the champion to the top 15 guy...STACKED!

Bellator has some good guys. But Benson just TKOed Patricio Pitbull, so I think we all know the score.

Bellator has some good fighters but Rory is going to dominate MVP.

Overall the UFC's is deeper but the best guys in Bellator can all give the best guys in the UFC's a run for their money. Eddie wound up winning the UFC belt, and that's a guy who hardcore UFC fans thought would lose to any top 10 UFC lightweight

Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler are 1-1 against each other so there's that cool little fact.

But the UFC has the far better weight classes for both divisions.

In Bellator, it's just 4-5 elite fighters and there's the rest, which is usually made up of prospects and cans. And most of the time, the prospects will never fight each other or anyone good. Bellator lacks that mid-level caliber of fighters the UFC has. The UFC has more than 30 fighters in each of those divisions so it's not even close.

Last edited:
I don't know. Did anyone ever get cut by Bellator and sign with the UFC?

In the WW division Bellator have the #1 uncrowned champion in MVP. The only 2 that might stand a chance against him that i can think of would be Wonderboy or Condit!

By no means deeper, just top heavy. Koreshkov v Rory is a toss up imo

Bellator's got some good dudes, don't get me wrong, but this thread is a joke, right? Like, unfunny, improv comedy shit, right?

<36>

Back