Conor McGregor’s Coach Says He Has 2-3 Years Left In His Career

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/conor-mcgregors-coach-says-he-has-2-3-years-left-on-his-career/

011815ufckm66-640x427.jpg

McGregor’s SBG Ireland head-coach John Kavanagh recently held a Q&A on Twitter in which a fan asked him when his star pupil planned on legitimately retiring, after the featherweight king prematurely announced his retirement from the sport after being removed from the blockbuster UFC 200 card due to his disagreement over media obligations with UFC President Dana White.

Kavanagh responded with a shockingly short answer of labeling a 2-3 year expiration date on the remaining lifespan of McGregor’s MMA career:

@ryanmaddison30 2-3yrs

— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) August 24, 2016

<40>

That tells me Conor has no passion for fighting. Just here for the payday

So 3 years could see another maybe 8 fights if he stays relatively active.

I think if he beats aldo then alvarez and perhaps even has a crack at the welterweight champ, well so long as its not stompson then we may see him retire even earlier.

Wouldn't be surprised if garbrandt starts eyeballing mcgregor. If he beats cruz.

Good on him. Hope he goes out on top tho, he has some crazy fight coming.

He's going to get the UFC to give him a 155 title shot he doesn't deserve and whether it's win or lose, he's going to probably fight Nate once more and then bounce after those paydays. I firmly believe that.

Yeah and then what? There is a reason why Muhammad Ali fought till he was almost 40. Why sugar Ray Leonard came out of retirement like three times. Why GSP is talking about coming out of retirement right now. Being a fighter is who they are. And there is no replacing that.

They all say that and continue to fight.

Once he loses 2 or 3 in a row he will be done. We can only hope it will he in less than 3 years so he goes out the back door he came in.

That's a good move! If Anderson would have retired before the Weidman or Stephan Bonnar fight. He would have been a legend with an untarnished reputation which means he could have been a powerful ambassador and a great representative for MMA in terms of marketing.

But after the whole Weidman thing, his reputation went to shit...

I think it would have been perfect after the Sonnen rematch. He would have achieved everything and would be considered the best of his era.

He's going to get the UFC to give him a 155 title shot he doesn't deserve and whether it's win or lose, he's going to probably fight Nate once more and then bounce after those paydays. I firmly believe that.
Agree, and I'd add that he would still hold the 145 belt. I don't believe nothing in Dana.

Conor will retire when he's 30. He was on the verge of retiring just before he got the offer to fight in the UFC. He was worried about head trauma. I think, if he keeps knocking guys out in the first round without getting hit, he will continue fighting. But every tough fight he fights, he will be closer to call it quits. He's a smart guy, he want's to enjoy his millions, without a permament brain damage.

He's making crazy money. Like he once said he's here to get rich quick then bounce and i cant hate that.

His fights/events always deliver anyway so those 2 to 3 years are going to be worth it.

Having said that i doubt conor will retire 3 years from now.

That's a good move! If Anderson would have retired before the Weidman or Stephan Bonnar fight. He would have been a legend with an untarnished reputation which means he could have been a powerful ambassador and a great representative for MMA in terms of marketing.

But after the whole Weidman thing, his reputation went to shit...

I think it would have been perfect after the Sonnen rematch. He would have achieved everything and would be considered the best of his era.
Yeah because 16 straight octagon wins,9 title defenses,undefeated in the UFC for 7 years means he is no legend right?and why was the Bonnar fight so bad for him?

I strongly believe if Conor would have lost the rematch he would of quit the sport for good.If his next fight is against Diaz again in my opinion the UFC isn't worth a wank anymore and not worth watching.Can you imagine holding the title on limbo for JBJ when he was the champ so he could have a meaningless trilogy with Mark Hunt or Overeem?

Yeah and then what? There is a reason why Muhammad Ali fought till he was almost 40. Why sugar Ray Leonard came out of retirement like three times. Why GSP is talking about coming out of retirement right now. Being a fighter is who they are. And there is no replacing that.

Yup. Pacquiao retired last april is already back in november LOL. Roy jones i believe is still fucking fighting lol. Mayweather retired and after 2 years cane back.

It is very rare for great fighters to retire early or retire period and not come back.

He's making crazy money. Like he once said he's here to get rich quick then bounce and i cant hate that.

His fights/events always deliver anyway so those 2 to 3 years are going to be worth it.

Having said that i doubt conor will retire 3 years from now.
That's not the attitude of a true fighter then is it?

Yeah because 16 straight octagon wins,9 title defenses,undefeated in the UFC for 7 years means he is no legend right?and why was the Bonnar fight so bad for him?

Nothing wrong with the Bonnar fight but him finishing his career by winning the Sonnen rematch would have been a good ending. Retiring after the Bonnar fight would have been odd but beating Sonnen would have been a cool way to end his career since it would end with defeating his arch-nemesis.

Also his problem is that, after the Weidman fight, his career went to shit and his stock went down by testing positive for steroids and claiming he needed for sexual functions. Also he only has losses on his record and a no contest.

Back