Wonderboy willing to fight Condit vs. Maia winner if passed over for next title shot

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stephen Thompson willing to fight Condit vs. Maia winner if passed over for next title shot
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/08/stephe...aia-winner-if-passed-over-for-next-title-shot

Condit has been at the top of the game for as long as he’s been in the UFC – Demian has been in the game longer than I have as well,” Thompson said at a UFC on FOX 21 fan Q&A. “I mean, yeah, if (the title shot) doesn’t happen, who else am I going to fight, to be honest? … Those are potential bouts and I want to throw down with either one of them.”

The current situation surrounding Thompson is cloudy. UFC President Dana White said Woodley wouldn’t get either of his desired matchups and Thompson would be next. There’s been no movement since then, though, and Thompson was still unaware what would be next for him.

His top priority is, of course, to fight for the title, but if that doesn’t happen, he’s not going to sit on the sidelines. He made that much clear.

“I very respectfully called him out. I did not expect him to say, ‘No, I want a money fight,'” Thompson said. “Defend the title a few times. That’s how I look at it. That’s what Robbie Lawler did. That’s what the champions did before him before they started asking for money fights. Tyron was definitely preaching the other way around when he didn’t get his shot, now that he’s got the title for him to do that to me is kind of hypocritical. But whatever. it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen soon.”

I mean Woodley has to fight someone. Who the hell is he going to fight if not Wonderboy?

Wonderboy is a true fighter. Dudes like him are going to be a dying breed in the next few years.

Wonderboy is the most likeable fighter in MMA right now.

Only way Wonderboy ain't fighting for the belt is if GSP comes back and I won't argue with that.

I really don't want him to fight Condit unless it's for the title. They are two of my favorite fighters.

Wonderboy is basically the anti-Woodley

Wonderboy is the most likeable fighter in MMA right now.

Only way Wonderboy ain't fighting for the belt is if GSP comes back and I won't argue with that.

They'd never let GSP have a chance to win the belt and then retire again, which is what he might do.

What a beast.

I don't know what is going to get booked but I'm glad to hear he will fight without the shot if needed.

Wonderboy vs Condit would be amazing on every level.

Put Cowboy vs. Matt Brown on that card, and you have a brutality wet dream.

I respect Wonderboy's willingness but he deserves the next shot. Lorenzo better talk to Tyron about this reluctance he has about defending the belt. We already have one champ refusing to defend the belt we don't need another.

“I very respectfully called him out. I did not expect him to say, ‘No, I want a money fight,'” Thompson said. “Defend the title a few times. That’s how I look at it. That’s what Robbie Lawler did. That’s what the champions did before him before they started asking for money fights. Tyron was definitely preaching the other way around when he didn’t get his shot, now that he’s got the title for him to do that to me is kind of hypocritical. But whatever. it’s going to happen, it’s going to happen soon.”
Man, this quote is so on point. I could like this statement 100 times.

Wonderboy vs Condit would be amazing on every level.

Put Cowboy vs. Matt Brown on that card, and you have a brutality wet dream.
Shit, I wanna see Cowboy and Brown throw down wicked bad now...

Why not just continue to say fuck the title like they do now and set up a fight wed rather see like GSP vs Wonderkid

Wonderboy is a real nxgga.

Have to respect Josh for that. He deserves the title shot though

Wonderboy is basically the anti-Woodley
This. Woodley ducked his way to a title shot. He dodged Lombard like he had teh bad aids. All props to him for taking advantage when he was given his shot. I went live completely pulling for Lawler but left with a lot of respect for Woodley. With that said he has no budo, He's an athelete not a fighter.

Wonderboy deserves a shot even more now, or strip Woodley and have Condit/Maia V Wonderboy.

Back