Will anyone else feel sad if Maia gets koed?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It will suck for me man. Maia is a great guy, probably the classiest in the whole ufc.
Still can't believe he flew Magny and Gunnar out to his bjj seminairs and helped them improve after they fought.
Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-3.20.59-PM.png

maia-665x668.jpg

Maia Bless.
mma_e_maia_576.jpg

Happy for Condit, sad for Maia.

My heart is divided.

Going for maia 100% but he will likely lose by UD, no shame though the guy is almost 40.

Genuinely a good guy. Win, lose or draw, I enjoy his fights and would like to see him fight for the title.

I did not know Maia flew Magny and Gunnar out for his BJJ seminars. That is fucking amazing.

Really sucks someone has to lose this fight.

Getting koed is part of the game..

I wouldn't feel sad..

I would actually be happy, cause that would mean Condit would be well placed for another crack at the ts.

It will suck for me man. Maia is a great guy, probably the classiest in the whole ufc.
Still can't believe he flew Magny and Gunnar out to his bjj seminairs and helped them improve after they fought.
Screen-Shot-2016-01-05-at-3.20.59-PM.png

maia-665x668.jpg

Maia Bless.
mma_e_maia_576.jpg

No one should feel sad simply because Maia won't feel sad. He is a true warrior; he knows what's at stake.

Win or lose (be it by decision or by knockout) real fans should feel proud of him for fighting guys like Condit.

That said, he will win.

I'm worried for Maia as well. It's like seeing babyface Marcello Garcia getting KTFO'd in a gif'able highlight reel.

not at all finaly backpacker can retire i hope

Nope. That's what I want.

these guys are professionals. they know how to separate their relationships in the ring from their relationships outside. that incorrigible inability is reserved only for nuthigging fans. but these guys? they understand that they can learn from each other, and that by helping to sharpen the skills of a fellow fighter one is sharpening his skills too. that, and the fact that that is how you advance mma in general..

Of course. He's a consummate professional and a genuinely nice guy. He's a blanket and a boring fighter, but I don't wish him ill.

2 of my favourite guys in the sport, hate that they have to fight.

I would be sad for Maia, he's such a cool dude, and a legit embodiment of good sportsmanship, but Condit is the man.

Not really. He's a great guy, but so is Condit. This is the fight business, shit happens. He makes pretty good money and leads an awesome life. Getting KO'd isn't that big of a deal.

Plus his backpacking is pretty damn boring. Thats coming from a guy who's trained BJJ a decent amount and enjoy it.

Back