Cowboy is higher on the P4P list than . . .

electroman187

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Donald Cerrone has amassed a crazy resume and has wins over several Zuffa champions and several top contenders. With his recent string of wins at 170 - fighting real welterweights, how is he NOT considered in the P4P ranks? Meanwhile, many great fighters that haven't fought outside of their natural weight class are ranked at P4P. This P4P shit is bogus.

By my judgement, DC should be P4P #1. While considering the meaning of P4P, who could possibly hold a better claim. DJ certainly deserves his place after fighting above his weight class for several years.

Back to Cowboy - if anyone cares about this P4P BS, he should at least be ranked above all the fighters who have ONLY fought at a single weight class, which is most of them. Thoughts?

So he should be ranked above guys like Aldo or Wonderboy? He's ridiculously consistent but getting crushed by RDA so quickly hurt his stock a bit in my opinion. He's been looking like he can make waves at 170 though.

If I'm not mistaken, Aldo hasn't fought outside of featherweight and Wonderboy has only fought at welterweight. So, yeah, Donald should be ahead of them in the P4P ranks. It's as clear as mud.

His weak-ass liver is holding him back.

ufc rankings are pure shit

you realize will brooks is higher in the lw rankings than al iaquinta even tho will's only ufc fight and win is a decision win over ross pearson

a guy Al finished in the 2nd round and also has stoppages wins over rodrigo damm and joe lauzon he also beat jorge masvidal

Conor's weak-ass neck isn't holding back his ranking. Nor is RDA and Jose's chin. Cerrone has a win over the current LW champ.

200_s.gif

Agreed, rankings are worthless. BUT, the P4P rankings are very specific in meaning. How do we know if a fighter's skills and athleticism transcends multiple weight classes if they have only fought in one division???

He's just a stud.

Who gives a shit about p4p

Well, I agree and disagree. I've been watching Cerrone since 2008 and would like to see him get the respect he deserves. He is not just an exciting fighter. He is an elite fighter that could have very easily been champion on any given night. This is a guy that does not pick and choose fights. He doesn't duck anyone. I thought Story was a bad matchup due to the pressure, wrestling and toughness. Well, he came through again.

He chokes when it really counts. Always has. That is not a top p4p fighter.

So does DC, RDA, Conor, Barboza, Pettis and pretty much everyone else on the list. It's not easy at the top of the division!

Donald Cerrone has amassed a crazy resume and has wins over several Zuffa champions and several top contenders. With his recent string of wins at 170 - fighting real welterweights, how is he NOT considered in the P4P ranks? Meanwhile, many great fighters that haven't fought outside of their natural weight class are ranked at P4P. This P4P shit is bogus.

By my judgement, DC should be P4P #1. While considering the meaning of P4P, who could possibly hold a better claim. DJ certainly deserves his place after fighting above his weight class for several years.

Back to Cowboy - if anyone cares about this P4P BS, he should at least be ranked above all the fighters who have ONLY fought at a single weight class, which is most of them. Thoughts?
Cerrone's the man, but no. His trajectory is always the same: he looks like a world beater as he racks up long winning streaks, then gets smoked every time he gets close to the title.

It's hard to argue that someone should be high on the p4p list when they've never been at the top of any division.

So he should be ranked above guys like Aldo or Wonderboy? He's ridiculously consistent but getting crushed by RDA so quickly hurt his stock a bit in my opinion. He's been looking like he can make waves at 170 though.
Not to mention getting absolutely crushed and dominated the whole fight by Nate Diaz. I never hear anyone mention that. It seems as if noone remembers.

Not to mention getting absolutely crushed and dominated the whole fight by Nate Diaz. I never hear anyone mention that. It seems as if noone remembers.

That was like 16 fights and 5 YEARS ago.
his only good wins are Barboza and Alvarez. he lost to every other top10 fighter he has faced.

So Rick Story, Patrick Cote, John Makdessi, Benson, Jury, Miller, Dunham, Noons, Guillard, Stephens...list goes on...are all cans? Name three LW fighters with a better list of wins. Seriously, name 3.
Pettis, nope. RDA, nope. Alvarez, nope. Not even Khabib.

It was a beating, but it was several years ago and Cowboy has improved alot since then.

Cerrone can beat anyone at LW or WW on the right night. His only weakness is inconsistency.

I am a die hard, forever fan. He represents what being a fighter is all about.

Back