Is it the "Free fight of the year" tomorrow? Maia v Condit is a dream fight at 170-

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you UFC, and you're welcome Fox. I really can't believe more people aren't talking about this fight right now. Hell, the CARD is really fun. Pettis v Olivera has potential.

How does Condit v Maia play out? Condit was known for Jitz in his WEC days, so does he feel obligated to play around on the ground? Can he avoid it? Does Maia have any chance if it stays standing? Winner of this fight is right there. Maia already is, imo.

Last edited:
I feel like Maia will dominate early, but if he can't get the submission within 2 rounds, Condit's pace and conditioning will take over as Maia fades. I'm thinking early sub for Maia, or late TKO for Condit

Honestly I go into every card thinking it'll be boring as fuck, that way if its minorly interesting i don't feel so bad

Its going to be a brutal flying Knee KO from condit

It has potential, sure. But I could just as easily imagine Maia doing to Condit what he did to Fitch. Carlos' conditioning makes it interesting, but his aggressiveness also leaves openings for Demian. It'll be an interesting matchup that hopefully plays out in a fun way.

Not exactly a dream fight but it is interesting. Would rather see Condit vs Matt Brown or Wonderboy.

Nah not a fa of Maia at all! Now many people dis agree with me but I do think he is terribly overrated. He is the type of guy that loses his biggest fights and feeds on the lower ranked guys and then when he gets to the top tier guys he is sliding on his ass for 3 rds trying to get the guy to come to the ground!

Condit is probably the single best matchup of top guys he could get though, so that does make it a bit more interesting as Condits takedown defense is probably the worst at 170 for top 10 guys

I predict a weirdly exciting fight - as in the first 3-4 rounds will be pure Maia, smothering but getting his head and eyebrows split open by elbows as Condit tries racking up some points despite being controlled. Make no mistake, every second theyre standing, is open season - Maia is an awesome wrestler but he's not flawless, he's not GSP, there WILL be failed attempts and scrambles.

Condit, Mortal Kombat TKO, 5th round. Maia doesn't have 5-rounds of graft in him, especially if he's taking damage which he will, mark my words. If Maia wins the man certainly deserves a title-shot but I don't see him doing it.

The whole card can be good but also has the ability to be a snoozer. I'm voting for carnage though.

Cruz vs. Dillashaw has already won the award for free fight of the year.

Back