NFL game shown over UFC?

BRAIN_DONORS

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Does anyone know the answer to this:
I live near Detroit, Michigan and my Direct TV guide and my brothers Dish guide is saying that the Lions at Ravens preseason game will be on instead of the fight; is this possible? I can see this being the case with the amount of $$ Fox pays for the TV rights I could see there being a stipulation that no programming event would take pressident over an in market NFL game, preseason or otherwise. I am recording the replay just in case, but would really like to watch it live.

Thanks

doesn't fox realize that the ufc is neck and neck with soccer?

I dare any of them to fight econoreem
Your name and econoreem made me think of this I made a while back:
DEXATI20160808031013_zpspegs2rr4.png

Not sure if you ever saw the never ending story, but he's trying to save the horse from sinking in the mud.

But yeah, I think with three weeks of training, etc etc. <8>

Your name and econoreem made me think of this I made a while back:
DEXATI20160808031013_zpspegs2rr4.png

Not sure if you ever saw the never ending story, but he's trying to save the horse from sinking in the mud.

But yeah, I think with three weeks of training, etc etc. <8>

Any NFL player would suffer this same fate
alistairhorse.jpg

Randy Couture for president.

Sorry man but you're going to miss most of the main card (you should be able to see 3-4 of the prelim fights). It's the third preseason game so the starters will play at least a half and it would be terrible for football fans to miss the most important preseason game. Also I've never used it before but maybe fox sports go will show the fights? Anyway, streams aren't so bad these days, if you don't know where to find one, google ufc reddit on fight day and you'll have countless high quality streams to choose from.

Does anyone know the answer to this:
I live near Detroit, Michigan and my Direct TV guide and my brothers Dish guide is saying that the Lions at Ravens preseason game will be on instead of the fight; is this possible? I can see this being the case with the amount of $$ Fox pays for the TV rights I could see there being a stipulation that no programming event would take pressident over an in market NFL game, preseason or otherwise. I am recording the replay just in case, but would really like to watch it live.

Thanks

The UFC event is over by 10:00 EST. The Lions game doesn't start until 11:00pm EST. The Lions are also playing an AFC team so the game is on CBS not Fox. (at least it is where I live)

Edit: The Lions game is actually live at 7:00. My cable provider (Charter) has it scheduled to air at
11:00 on CBS. I'm in the Upper Peninsula though and Our Local Fox station is out of Wisconsin and covers the Packers and not the Lions.

Last edited:
NFL sucks. I want to watch a real sport. A sport that involves real skills. A sport that involves real A level athletes.

That's right, I'm talking about golf!

The realest sport of them all. Nobody comes close to them in terms of athleticism. They are true A level athletes. Any pro golfer would become a UFC champion with a couple hours of training, guaranteed.

Nah, for real, I can't stand football. I'm in the minority here, but that sport fucking sucks. I'm going to check my TV later to see if UFC is on 'cause I'd really like to watch it in HD like all the other Fox cards. There's like 5 different stations that have to do with Fox on my satellite, so maybe UFC will be on for me. I'll be so pissed if it's all stupid football, fuck that boring sport.

yup it's pretty lame, noticed that when trying to DVR it today... doesn't show until 4 hours after it's gone live

The UFC event is over by 10:00 EST. The Lions game doesn't start until 11:00pm EST. The Lions are also playing an AFC team so the game is on CBS not Fox. (at least it is where I live)

Good point about the AFC part but nfl.com and both the betting site I use show the game starting at 7 pm est.

Good point about the AFC part but nfl.com and both the betting site I use show the game starting at 7 pm est.

I just noticed that. It's just my cable provider that's showing the game on tape delay on CBS at 11:00.

Edit: The Lions game is actually live at 7:00. My cable provider (Charter) has it scheduled to air at
11:00 on CBS. I'm in the Upper Peninsula though and Our Local Fox station is out of Wisconsin and covers the Packers and not the Lions.
Not here...it's on Fox and starts at 7:00

Not here...it's on Fox and starts at 7:00

That sucks man. That's even an extra kick in the dick seeing as it's a pre season game. Doesn't Dirrect TV have online streaming if you're a subscriber? I wonder if you could get it on there.

That is true, the away team usually gets the game on their network, but I guess it's different for preseason because it's on Fox according to my guide.

That sucks man. That's even an extra kick in the dick seeing as it's a pre season game. Doesn't Dirrect TV have online streaming if you're a subscriber? I wonder if you could get it on there.
Good call...I will check

If this was the regular season the game would be on CBS, but not preseason, I guess. I am actually just over 60 miles from Detroit in Perrysburg, Ohio, so it really sucks that they are trying to force me to watch a Lions preseason game.

Back