Anthony Pettis is losing because...

prodigal savage

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Pettis still has the tools necessary to be 'elite' or a title contender in his respective division(s). He is only lacking the confidence necessary to "pull the trigger." Going into a fight without the mentality that he will emerge victorious is holding him back.

Agree or Disagree

Pettis seems like one of these guys that wins fights by flash more than by overall dominance. Either he finishes his opponent or takes a decision while doing awesome stuff that wins him rounds, or he loses.

Another guy like this that comes to mind is Anderson Silva.

If he thinks dropping a weightclass is going to magically fix his problems and bring back the Pettis of old, he is in for a rude awakening. He has a mental block, needs a sports psychologist.

Disagree. He matched bad against the 3 guys he faced.

RDA and Alvarez are pressure fighters and Barboza is even better than Pettis is what Showtime does right: fight in the kicking range.

He will pull the trigger tomorrow and you will all see. He will keep beating guys who stand in front of him.

If he thinks dropping a weightclass is going to magically fix his problems and bring back the Pettis of old, he is in for a rude awakening. He has a mental block, needs a sports psychologist.
Well.. at least he will not be outmuscled by everybody.

Crap team
And he's overrated
And he gets 4 haircuts a week so let's all forget about him

He's a

Disagree. He matched bad against the 3 guys he faced.

RDA and Alvarez are pressure fighters and Barboza is even better than Pettis is what Showtime does right: fight in the kicking range.

He will pull the trigger tomorrow and you will all see. He will keep beating guys who stand in front of him.

Da Bronx won't stand in front of Pettis.

I see him spamming TD after TD.

He's not dumb, everyone knows the blueprint to beat Pettis, and I think Oliveira has the tools to pull it off.

I agree. I don't think "Auschwitz" Anthony Pettis will fare any better at FW.

plausible.

RDA did fuck him up pretty good, that's bound to leave some side-effects...

Yes i think it is mental. He has finished two guys in Bendo and Gil who are notorious for their durability. He was free flowing then. In the zone mentally. He needs to find that spark again.

Lol at seeing someone suggests a sport psychologist

You know what fixes you if you can't pull the trigger in the ring

Chute boxe style sparring session

But pettis is probably afraid of damaging his hair

Pettis will be back with a head kick ko and I like Oliveira.

He is:

A terrible boxer (boxing is nonexistent)
Tenative
Weak for the division (LW)
Lacking wrestling
Lacking adaptation and the ability to face adversity
Not really a fighter that evolves. WEC Pettis and current Pettis is virtually the same.
Pretty cocky. Seems too overconfident and it shows.

Last edited:
He has PTSD after getting pounded by RDA.

I was almost certain this was going to be centered around his lady friend.

Lol at seeing someone suggests a sport psychologist

You know what fixes you if you can't pull the trigger in the ring

Chute boxe style sparring session

But pettis is probably afraid of damaging his hair
Sure as hell worked for Ellenberger. I actually agree. Sometimes it'd be good to go Chute Boxe style for a sparring day.

Pettis still has the tools necessary to be 'elite' or a title contender in his respective division(s). He is only lacking the confidence necessary to "pull the trigger." Going into a fight without the mentality that he will emerge victorious is holding him back.

Agree or Disagree

Disagree. Pettis is a client of hackjob motivational speaker Eric Thomas. I bought into Eric Thomas' overpriced self help BS back when I was still trying to change my bum life and mend my failing marriage and it turning out to be not only a complete waste of money but actually made my life even worse. On a personal level, I hope every Eric Thomas' protege falls into the abyss of failure and that includes Anthony Pettis. To hell with Eric Thomas.

I don't think moving down will really fix any of his problems, but maybe the fact RDA isn't in this weight class will give him some confidence. But still there's Guida...

Pettis seems like one of these guys that wins fights by flash more than by overall dominance. Either he finishes his opponent or takes a decision while doing awesome stuff that wins him rounds, or he loses.

Another guy like this that comes to mind is Anderson Silva.

Anderson is in another league

Back