Max Holloway: Don’t beg for a payday, be the damn payday!!

Project 86

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
“Everybody is chasing Conor around, trying to get the money from him,” he said. “I’m trying to make my case to be the money man. I wanna be the money man. I wanna be a guy that people are like, ‘Damn, I gotta fight Max.’ And most people should feel like that. Go f-cking go out there yourself — why are you trying to beg for one fight to get your big payday? Be the damn payday yourself. You will make yourself the payday. And that’s what I believe in. I will do it. People keep sleeping on me. Let them sleep; it is what it is. Ninjas move in the shadows. When it’s time to show what’s up and my time comes, you best believe I’m gonna take full advantage of it.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...wes-him-anything-mma-news-interviews-new-york

lol max is awesome. Hope he gets a title shot.

Ain't got time for dat piggy backing on someone elses success

il_570xN.259915252.jpg

198463_146186912113405_100001662928773_294558_7120397_n.jpg

none of these guys knows how to sell themselves.

“Everybody is chasing Conor around, trying to get the money from him,” he said. “I’m trying to make my case to be the money man. I wanna be the money man. I wanna be a guy that people are like, ‘Damn, I gotta fight Max.’ And most people should feel like that. Go f-cking go out there yourself — why are you trying to beg for one fight to get your big payday? Be the damn payday yourself. You will make yourself the payday. And that’s what I believe in. I will do it. People keep sleeping on me. Let them sleep; it is what it is. Ninjas move in the shadows. When it’s time to show what’s up and my time comes, you best believe I’m gonna take full advantage of it.”

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/2...wes-him-anything-mma-news-interviews-new-york
brilliant attitude from Max

The quickest way to becoming a payday yourself is to defeat someone that is already "the payday" look at Holm after beating Rousey, or Nate after beating Conor.

Waiting for yourself to become a payday is admirable and all, but it's something that very well may never happen and if it doesn't, you've potentially cost yourself millions by not campaigning to fight someone that could have generated a huge payday for yourself. Thinking like this is why fighters need agents/managers to do the talking for them.

Not that easy. Conor has the very good fortune of being Irish, white, and well spoken. All major factors in him being a big draw.

He's right but don't oversell (Tony Ferguson with those sunglasses)

Yeah, just be one of the exceptions to the rule who makes upwards of a million per fight. It's not that hard, guys. Max knows what he's talking about, just look at his payouts.

That's all good in theory but much easier said than done. Max could go out and axe kick KO Aldo and he still wouldn't be a money fight.

Fighting McGregor is the fastest and most efficient way to get your name out there right now.

I guess that admirable and im a huge fan of his but his strategy won't work. He's gonna keep putting away top guys and eventually he will get a title shot but a big pay day who knows....

Respect but max you look like that chollo from Training Day.... Respectfully

Sorry Max, you'll never be a money man like Conor.

About time you start begging for that red panties rematch.

The quickest way to becoming a payday yourself is to defeat someone that is already "the payday" look at Holm after beating Rousey, or Nate after beating Conor.

Waiting for yourself to become a payday is admirable and all, but it's something that very well may never happen and if it doesn't, you've potentially cost yourself millions by not campaigning to fight someone that could have generated a huge payday for yourself. Thinking like this is why fighters need agents/managers to do the talking for them.
but at the same time nate diaz created the rivalry he didn't just fight conor and let him do all the work like aldo did

he promoted the fight he got the conversation on this fight started with his post fight interview after he beat michael johnson

Max gets it.

xT8qB0sJy6TqjgBE7S.gif

Its easier to ask for a big payday than working on it and becoming the big payday.

Not that easy. Conor has the very good fortune of being Irish, white, and well spoken. All major factors in him being a big draw.
wat?

Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder, Money May, Errol Spence.

U wat?

In Russia, you don't get a pay day, pay gets you!

Now I want a candy bar, for some reason. Max Bless[ed]!

Max is going to be champ someday. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Back