UFC overload...?

Guernica

Double Yellow Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Hi all greatest DAMN poster GUERNICA here,

I'm looking at my calendar and see that there is an event every weekend for the next 2 months! Personally I'm jacked. But I wonder how the comunity feels about this. I hate watered down cards with maybe one or two fights of any real impact but this next little run feels pretty legit.

There's something g to be said about the anticipation of an event weeks/months in the making but I'm excited to see fights every week. I don't follow other sports but football for example has games every week, do you think this is a good model for mma?

-congrats you are now posting in a GUERNICA thread. Call your mom and tell her you made it--

#GUERNICAbless

Last edited:
I'm also jacked. I think its hilarious you kids keep talking shit about me. You wouldn't say shit to me on the streets. I'm JACKED. Not only that but I wear the freshest clothes, eat at the chillest restaurants and hang with the hottest dudes.

It's too much. Football has games every week but they also have an off season. I'm looking forward to this weekends fights but not next weekends. They're getting into over saturation territory and it's gonna start to bite them sooner or later.

Anyone who has a problem with the UFC on every weekend is not a real fan.

pbb_112409_DanaWhite.jpg

It's too much. Football has games every week but they also have an off season. I'm looking forward to this weekends fights but not next weekends. They're getting into over saturation territory and it's gonna start to bite them sooner or later.
I will say that when Pride was going strong, the anticipation of a show every few months was amazing! Really added a mystique to the fighters and every event felt very special. It does feel like the UFC tries very hard to make stars out of otherwise average folks just to keep the ball in the air. For now though, I'm happy to look forward to a fight on Saturdays. I don't think it's a sustainable business model though.

#GUERNICAbless

im loving it. Constant ufc, college football and nfl about to start back., Fall (so perfect weather), Renaissance festival time..

fucking love this time of the year

im loving it. Constant ufc, college football and nfl about to start back., Fall (so perfect weather), renaisaunce festival time..

fucking love this time of the year
Right?! My buddies at the gym were complaining about the number of events but I for one can't wait for the NFL to get going and having these amazing weekends where the sports gods decided to bless us with violence and carnage after a long work week!

God bless America!

#GUERNICAbless

Shit.

Shit cards with 1/2 good fights and then filled with rubbish fighters

forgotten about the "we give you 4/5 good fights while boxing gives you 1"

I like it, most of them are free cards too so its fine, if a lot of them were PPV's then yeah its way too much money. Should be a good 2 months ahead!

Hi all greatest DAMN poster GUERNICA here,

I'm looking at my calendar and see that there is an event every weekend for the next 2 months! Personally I'm jacked. But I wonder how the comunity feels about this. I hate watered down cards with maybe one or two fights of any real impact but this next little run feels pretty legit.

There's something g to be said about the anticipation of an event weeks/months in the making but I'm excited to see fights every week. I don't follow other sports but football for example has games every week, do you think this is a good model for mma?

-congrats you are now posting in a GUERNICA thread. Call your mom and tell her you made it--

#GUERNICAbless

Mayuri Kurotsuchi sucks.
Bleach sucks.

there are baseball games every day, NBA games every day, NFL games 3 days a week... why are mma fans the only people complaining about oversaturation?

it's not even like you're seeing the same people fight every week, unlike the other sports where it's the same team every day.

RussellWestbrookYallNiggasTrippin.jpg

I like it, most of them are free cards too so its fine, if a lot of them were PPV's then yeah its way too much money. Should be a good 2 months ahead!
Right! That's a great point. If they were PPV I'd probably be bitching about it but tomorrow night for example, there are at least 4 solid fights with tittle implications and sometimes those undercard guys really deliver trying to make a case for being bumped up. I think it's gonna be a good run going into the holidays with NYC and no doubt a solid New Years card. I just remember watching mma in 2006 and wishing there was more and now it's like the golden age man! Live it up sherbros!

#GUERNICAbless

I'm also jacked. I think its hilarious you kids keep talking shit about me. You wouldn't say shit to me on the streets. I'm JACKED. Not only that but I wear the freshest clothes, eat at the chillest restaurants and hang with the hottest dudes.

there are baseball games every day, NBA games every day, NFL games 3 days a week... why are mma fans the only people complaining about oversaturation?
Because top fighters only fight twice a year in mma and there is an oversaturation of fighters no one knows about.

Because top fighters only fight twice a year in mma and there is an oversaturation of fighters no one knows about.
giphy.gif

how are you supposed to get to know them, and how are they supposed to become future top fighters... if they don't fight?

do you just want 3 cards a year and the rest of the fighters have untelevised matches?

Back