CM Punk weight class & episode 2

11bravo1789

11B
@Green
Reaction score
Alright, so watching CM Punks journey, episode # 2 he goes to a nutritionist. Weighs in at 196LB's. Says he has about 12% body fat. And is targetring 170 --- And watching him spar, he seems very soft in the mid section.

So I am wondering if its mostly just skin, because he used to "bulk up" for WWF -- and now he just cannot get a leaner looking physique. This is a bit surprising considering he has been training MMA for nearly two years, which youd assume includes proper dieting. One would think with this being his dedicated career, and all this training. Hed be starting to look a lot more in fight shape. What say you bro scientists??

I don't think he could ever be really cut up but he can definitely lose a decent amount of fat and look a lot better than in episode 2.

I wouldn't be so worried about his physique honestly, his awkward looking striking is a real concern not even joking he reminds me of the filler girls in the woman's division when it just got started.

Straight schoolyard.

He looks like Fedor, but without 50 pounds of muscle underneath the fat.

Well just say, poor CM when the cage door closes

he hadn't been training for two years at that point

they started this documentary as soon as he started training

Alright, so watching CM Punks journey, episode # 2 he goes to a nutritionist. Weighs in at 196LB's. Says he has about 12% body fat. And is targetring 170 --- And watching him spar, he seems very soft in the mid section.

So I am wondering if its mostly just skin, because he used to "bulk up" for WWF -- and now he just cannot get a leaner looking physique. This is a bit surprising considering he has been training MMA for nearly two years, which youd assume includes proper dieting. One would think with this being his dedicated career, and all this training. Hed be starting to look a lot more in fight shape. What say you bro scientists??

I don't think he's WW even. Cerrone and Diaz are his height, he's prolly a LW.

just looking through the UFC weight classes. Blows my mind some dudes are 6'2" and cut to 155. How in the hell???

I think he had to be way more than 12% bodyfat then.

Going by pics online of people at verified body fat he is probably at least 18%

Punk looks like 20% on this guide
BF-Male.jpg

12%
male-10-percent-body-fat.jpeg

18%
JosefAfter.jpg

Punk looks fatter than the 18% guy, no way he is 12% at 196

Last edited:

I was thinking the same thing. Punk looked noticeably smaller than the guy he did that practice fight with and they're both supposed to be WW's.

Punk looked the same in the WWE. No real muscle definition anywhere.

You realize episode 2 was filmed over a year ago right?

When I heard 12% bf I was like wtf? Dude was looking like 17+% easily. Also in the first episode he bought donuts I wonder what is he doing with his diet.

This kind of highlights what's funny about people's perception of size. A lot of fans think of 155 pound LW's as being "small." But when you consider that pro MMA fighters are in great shape, they're probably larger than average. Most average joe's who walk around in the 180-200 pound range would probably only weigh in the 150's if they were in that kind of shape.

yeah it was only 24 weeks or 6 months at that point !

Right. Even if its not a full two years by the time that was filmed. You are starting MMA. You have NO other job. You are rich. You have trainers. Dieticians. Wtf?? Dude should be straight JACKED

I was thinking the same thing. Punk looked noticeably smaller than the guy he did that practice fight with and they're both supposed to be WW's.

Punk looked the same in the WWE. No real muscle definition anywhere.

Yea. Years of hitting the weights. He should be shredded up.

Back