Is big Fox airing the prelims a good or bad thing for this Saturday?

Is Big Fox showing the prelims this Saturday a good or a bad thing?

• Total voters

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
I just went to set up my DVR for the weekend. I have to miss everything live due to weddings tonight during the Bellator card and tomorrow during the UFC.

I was surprised to see that the prelims for the UFC tomorrow are on Fox instead of FS1. Personally I think it makes for too long of a night of fights for the casual fan (and some hardcores) and that putting it on Fox might turn some off before the real fireworks begin. The prelims, listed below, are about as bad of fights as I can remember being aired on Fox itself aside from a couple of episodes of TUF.

Preliminary Card (Fox)
Middleweight Sam Alvey vs. Kevin Casey
Featherweight Enrique Barzola vs. Kyle Bochniak
Middleweight Garreth McLellan vs. Alessio Di Chirico
Lightweight Shane Campbell vs. Felipe Silva

Also as a side question. How many of the 8 fighters above do you recognize (and can remember a fight they've had)? That number is only 2 for me, I can vaguely remember a couple of more but only with the help of wikipedia.

For most people it will just be Alvey and Casey; its ridiculous that fight pass prelims gets a fight that's bigger than 3 of the 4 prelims.

Bochniak is a fun fighter and he's fighting some dude from TUF LA who probably isn't very skilled, so that should be a decent scrap. Don't know much about McLellan or Chirico but they both have high finishing rates, and Shane Campbell is usually in good fights.

Alvey vs Casey could be brutal tho.

Most fox cards' prelims end up on fox... this card does kinda stink outside the main card. I'm guessing casuals won't tune in anyway, they usually just catch the main card.

Anyway this is how they develop stars. tuf latin america winner is coheadlining prelims. main event has some semi decent names...

But I get what ur getting at. when I watch with friends or my dad (casuals) they usually get bored by mid main card

Also as a side question. How many of the 8 fighters above do you recognize (and can remember a fight they've had)? That number is only 2 for me, I can vaguely remember a couple of more but only with the help of wikipedia.

For most people it will just be Alvey and Casey; its ridiculous that fight pass prelims gets a fight that's bigger than 3 of the 4 prelims.
That's the norm now... larkin vs magny was fightpass prelim headliner

Laprise vs Gouti? That's not a big fight. Gouti is winless in the UFC and Chad is on a two-fight losing skid. He's probably the best fighter on the prelims but this is a squash match.

to me its not so much that the fights 'arent good enough', its that theyre putting on 4 fights in 2 hours. id rather they just air the main card, and also make it a 5 fight main card in the same time slot, or a 7 fight card with an extra hour.

all of them other than Felipe Silva, because I actually watch this sport instead of complain on forums about how I don't recognize any of the fighters.

Di Chirico is a solid prospect who lost a very competitive decision in his debut. He will destroy Mclennan.

Shane Campbell has had nothing but close wars in the UFC, and is of course, most recognizable for his Hadouken:

Enrique Barzola just won TUF Latin America season 2. You might have heard of the guy who won TUF Latin America 1, Yair Rodriguez. He's fighting Bochniak who is coming off an awesome fight against Rosa he took on a week's notice.

Sam alvey vs Kevin casey
will probably be the most boring
fight of the year.

Why? Sam Alvey has had all exciting fights except for one boring decision. All 4 of his UFC wins are by first finish
Style match up.
I predict tentativeness. The likes
of mir vs cro cop. Hopefully it
ends in a brutal KO. But I see a
split for casey.

Alvey almost got his clock cleaned
by a jobber in his last fight

images

Thanks for the breakdowns on the prelims. Your memory is suburb.

I only watched the first episode of TUF Mexico and didnt keep watching the rest of the season.

It's only 2 hours more than the usual broadcasting
I think it won't affect in any way

Why? Sam Alvey has had all exciting fights except for one boring decision. All 4 of his UFC wins are by first finish
And? His fight against Joey Rivera on TUF was garbage, and he took the first two rounds off against Watson.

And? His fight against Joey Rivera on TUF was garbage, and he took the first two rounds off against Watson.
Ok so he has some boring fights and plenty of 1st round KOs, how does that make you reach the conclusion of "most boring fight of the year"?

At least you got your username right.

This doesn't even make sense. You think putting the prelims on a different channel would make it better? WTF? There's no logic to that at all.

Keeping the fights on the same channel = good.

Having these specific fights = shiiiiiiiiiiitty.

Back