Maia vs Condit is another great easy money fight for betting

TheTimeIsNotNow

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Condit is a slight favourite and deservedly so. The fact his striking is by far the most technical in the division. This is going to be a smooth, hard fought decision win for Condit as Maia has very poor striking due to the fact its "not his thing". Add to this the fact that Maia is nearing 40 years old and no longer has the explosion in his takedowns.

I wouldnt bet on a KO win for Condit but Condit on the moneyline is money in the bank.

I think Condit win this but by UD.

Better hop on his bicycle in that one

I see what you did there...

Condit gets taken down by a breeze.
It is an interesting fight.
I definitely would not count out Maia.

I dont believe Maia can go five rounds with Condit, that's a tall task for anyone, look at how many times he hurt Lawler, look at when he dropped GSP after getting beat up.

Condit Round 2/3 TKO.

This is a pickem fight.

Maia has dragged everyone to the ground. People with much better TDD than Condit.

Rory, Gunnar, Browne, Fitch, Magny, couldnt helo but get out grappled. Rory made it out alive but never went back down there with him.

I favor Condit, but his TDD is so awful that you can't count out Maia.

Yeah, I would like to place a bet on condit via Dec but I remember maia looking like a deer in headlights anytime he couldn't get the fight to the ground for 2 seconds.

When Matt Brown was able to stand up for 10 sec it looked like maia was I'm deep trouble, but ofc nothing major happened and maia got him down fairly easy.. This is a 5rounder though... My mind also goes back to when he was fighting that polish(?) short notice dude who at the end of the fight was winning and he's a far cry from maia.

Maia is usually on a clear downward spiral late in fights because he exerts so much energy dominating the first two rounds of the fight.

What happens in this 5 round fight? I believe Maia will get Condit down and control him but right at the end of the 2nd round the tide will start turning and I'm not totally sure Maia will survive the momentum swing of Condit in the later rounds... It's a tough one to call

Maia has extremely good, technical takedowns. He's one of the very few guys smart enough to use a high-crotch. I can't for the life of me understand why more guys don't use a high-crotch series. NOBODY knows how to defend it, it seems.

And Maia uses it to get deep on the hips, then he either cracks down with it, or switches to a double and runs it to the side.

Honestly every time I've seen a good wrestler/grappler get a decent high-crotch, they've completed it with ease, even on guys who have traditionally great TDD(if you want examples I have a few in mind), because guys only train to defend doubles and sloppy singles i. Don't underestimate Maia.

Last edited:
I am gonna parlay Condit by KO and Joe/Jim to be under 1.5 rounds. Can't wait for tomorrows card, a heap of fun tussles!

Yeah I bet on condit myself but Maia is so dangerous and I'm actually a bigger Maia fan, I won't be that mad if I have to pay up at the end of the night.

Did you even watch last Maia´s fights? The guy is for real, I don't think Condit will have the opportunity to show his striking skills. This will be a boring fight to watch, but I think Maia will make another victim. Takedown, ground control and eventually a rear naked choke submission. There's where my money goes.

Condit is imo the best striker at 170, tough as nails with top notch bjj. However he has weak takedown defense and he's going up against a guy with great takedowns that grabs on like a pitbull. I think it will come down to whether or not he can survive a round or two on his back against Maia. A daunting prospect, but I think he can

if i learned anything this year, i wouldn't bet on anyone ever again in a high level fight. i'll stick to betting on obvious wins and hope miracles don't happen.

I think Maia will get the job done and submit Condit

Maia greatest test to date. I think it is unfair that he did so much in his run and now they put such a great name on his path, while Tyron just stood still waiting for the title shot...

Maia by 4rnd sub. I know...I don't care. Condit is a good striker but his technique leaves him open for brash TK attempts, and Maia has those. Once there Maia can go as long as he wants on the ground. Slowly constricting Condit to submission. Condit better stay moving becasue Maia has all the patients in the world, and the absolute best BJJ game in the sport. Maia has been beating the unbeatable against him on paper for quite a few fights now. Expect it. With that said, WAR Condit!

Over 3 rounds I had Maia over 5 I think I have Condit

Maia's getting old and his gas tank isn't awesome. And constantly spamming TDs gets tiring

Condit better be running around that cage though because he won't be sprawling on Maia like Rory did

Condit is a slight favourite and deservedly so. The fact his striking is by far the most technical in the division. This is going to be a smooth, hard fought decision win for Condit as Maia has very poor striking due to the fact its "not his thing". Add to this the fact that Maia is nearing 40 years old and no longer has the explosion in his takedowns.

I wouldnt bet on a KO win for Condit but Condit on the moneyline is money in the bank.

I don't know if I would say his striking is "by far" the most technical, there is a guy they all Wonderboy that isn't too shabby. Condit is great, don't get me wrong.

Back